2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

I thought this might provide a little context for everybody complaining about the Packers not moving the needle any this offseason. 

We had the 13th "worst" offseason so far on an improvement index.  This is after the Funchess signing. 

To put this into perspective, the only teams that have really "improved" have been:

Eagles - Missed playoffs.
Bills - One and done.
Seahawks - We beat them.
Jets - Missed playoffs.
Saints - One and done.
Raiders, Steelers, Lions, Falcons, Buccaneers, Bengals, Dolphins, Browns, Giants, Colts, Cardinals - All missed playoffs.

Patriots, Texans, Titans, Niners, Ravens, Vikings, Cowboys... All got worse while we stayed pretty much the same. 

A bunch of teams significantly improving are the teams that have been non-contenders for years and years.  Probably because they always compete in the offseason only to realize that you can't fix things through impatience. 

• Like 5

I'm a bit surprised they didn't downgrade us more on those improvement rankings. We lost two key starters and signed guys that had off years to replace them. 

Also, Williamson's coming off an ACL tear... 

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

Darqueze Dennard deal with the Jags is off. He was offered I thought a bargain deal something like 3years for 15m. We should pick that up

CBs are going for cheap right now. The Eagles just got Robey-Coleman for $1.3m. 

Colts just signed Xavier Rhodes, be interesting to see the numbers. 

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

Darqueze Dennard deal with the Jags is off. He was offered I thought a bargain deal something like 3years for 15m. We should pick that up

why is it off?   failed physical or something?

I like Dennard, but the deal falling through would give me pause

On the Over the Cap states that Tyler Ervin has signed a 1 year contract with the Packers for 2020 for £1,047,000. The contract would qualify for the Veteran Salary Benefit, meaning that whilst he would earn $1,047,000, his cap number would only be $887,500