2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

Just now, packfanfb said:

One note about the alleged disdain of Aaron Rodgers with the direction of the Packers' offense. Didn't Rodgers just publicly say over and over again how much fun he had playing in 2019 despite the fact that our offense already was trending towards a more run-heavy offense including running the ball a ton inside the 5-10 yard line? Rodgers said over and again that he "doesn't have to be the same guy" out there he had to be in prior years (throwing for 300+ per game and 4 TDs etc). 

What a person says is not what a person feels. 

He ran McCarthy out of the building and Mark Murphy allegedly told Rodgers to not be a part of the problem.

Rodgers does the same **** he did under McCarthy, so now who is he going to blame it on? 

All of the smoke people like me pointed to all throughout the McCarthy drama and into this season and all the early talk of changing plays etc that everyone scoffed at just got a little more difficult to scoff at with the Packers trading up to draft a QB in the first round. 

Rodgers is a ***** who says all the right things to hide it. 

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

One note about the alleged disdain of Aaron Rodgers with the direction of the Packers' offense. Didn't Rodgers just publicly say over and over again how much fun he had playing in 2019 despite the fact that our offense already was trending towards a more run-heavy offense including running the ball a ton inside the 5-10 yard line? Rodgers said over and again that he "doesn't have to be the same guy" out there he had to be in prior years (throwing for 300+ per game and 4 TDs etc). 

Rodgers also said repeatedly he never had a problem with MM.  Rodgers is a lying liar.

Niners just traded Breida.  Running backs in this system are not overly important.  Use them for 3 years, then get your replacement for them so you can get compensation for them in a trade or a compensatory pick is a great way to treat the RB position.

Breida had over 5 yards per carry with San Francisco.  The only thing that separates him from Jones was TD production, and I feel like Aaron's TD production was more opportunity than skill. 

Jamaal Williams was much better at receiving touchdowns than Jones, and for all the praise Jones got for last year, Jamaal Williams averaged a third of a yard less per carry. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing what compensation we can get for Aaron Jones and when we might see it.  We're not re-signing him now, so will we get a third round compensatory pick, or will we trade him at the deadline this season?  Or, will we get one more year out of him and tag him? 

3 hours ago, St Vince said:

The Packers front office doesn't owe Rodgers anything, He got paid. The organization has to do what they deem fit for the future than worry about Rodgers feelings. History is on the Packers side. They saw a potential franchise QB fall to them and they pulled the trigger. If it works out the fanbase that's complaining will be eating crow and singing Gute's praises just like Thompson.

The only way i can see them losing the locker room is if Rodgers comes in with a loyalty mandate between him and Love. I understand this move rubbed a lot of guys like Bak and Z the wrong way but it's the life of doing business in the NFL.  Although I know Rodgers is not happy with the situation he'll be classy and not let this become a repeat of the Favre vs Rodgers toxic rift all over. I heard he even reached out to Love which is a promising sign.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Lot of pressure on the coaching staff this year. This team isn't going to be very good without improvement from some of MVS, EQ, Jace, Tonyan, Gary, Lowry, Adams, Burks and Jackson.

Don't need every single one of them, but some of these guys are going to have to be league average players and play a good chunk of snaps.

They dumped Bulaga, Martinez, and now told Rodgers and Jones to FO as well.  While some of this type moves are needed every year, the Packers haven't been loyal to anyone.

While you are correct in that they aren't owed anything,  this is how you lose a locker room.   When there is no loyalty at all, it is noticed.  We have basically crapped on most of the higher performers from last year.   A 13-3 team that did have some success.  This is bigger than just Rodgers.   We have crapped on someone from just about every position group, except WR.   The WR group is the one that needed to be crapped on.  It has under performed for a long time now.

We aren't playing a good game of organizational dynamics right now.    I don't know what you are basing your comment that you cant see it on.

If the Packers were to have a hiccup this season, I think Rodgers gets moved and we say to hell with the cap hit and start over with Love.

If we get far in the playoffs, I feel like Rodgers plays this year plus two more.

I am still confident we’re winning the Super Bowl this year.  Gonna suck for Love and be a bittersweet ring, but he’ll get two more as the starter.