2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

23 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

Maybe they cut Linsley to extend Clark, and still make another move.  Maybe Snacks Harrison?  

No need to cut Linsley. Packers have plenty of money to cut Taylor and sign 2-3 players to fill these holes. Guys signing now aren't going to be getting big deals. 

Cut Taylor, sign Snacks, Matthews and Tramon and you're good to go for 2020. 

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

No need to cut Linsley. Packers have plenty of money to cut Taylor and sign 2-3 players to fill these holes. Guys signing now aren't going to be getting big deals. 

If we do as you suggest (which I like) does GB have any money left to sign a WR if we don’t pick one up in the 7th round?  I’d personally feel better if we did, if nothing more than to push a few of our current dudes.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

If we do as you suggest (which I like) does GB have any money left to sign a WR if we don’t pick one up in the 7th round?  I’d personally feel better if we did, if nothing more than to push a few of our current dudes.

I mean it'll just depend on (a) how much we want to carry over, (b) what type of contracts we give to anyone we sign (1 or 2 year deals?). Russ Ball may need to get creative depending on how aggressive you want to be. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean it'll just depend on (a) how much we want to carry over, (b) what type of contracts we give to anyone we sign (1 or 2 year deals?). Russ Ball may need to get creative depending on how aggressive you want to be. 

Yeah, we probably aren’t signing a guy like AJ Green (even if he was somehow traded).  Not sure who’s out there that could fit in our budget, once the draft dust settles.

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Logan Ryan instead of Tramon and I am with you

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Cutting Taylor gets them to about 10.5 million in cap. I think you almost have to assume we roll over 7 of that. 

That's also assuming any of those guys are even interested in coming back.

Harrison sounds like he's leaning towards calling it a day. 

Tramon said something along the lines of "My retirement decision might change if the Packers make an offer."

Who knows what Clay is doing.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Cutting Taylor gets them to about 10.5 million in cap. I think you almost have to assume we roll over 7 of that. 

That's also assuming any of those guys are even interested in coming back.

Harrison sounds like he's leaning towards calling it a day. 

Tramon said something along the lines of "My retirement decision might change if the Packers make an offer."

Who knows what Clay is doing.

I'd almost take it to the bank at this point that Tramon is back. 

Matthews may not even want to play here -- that one is just a "wish" for me. 

Who knows if we're even looking at Snacks -- Gute doesn't appear to be concerned about the DL -- which scares the hell out of me personally. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

I'd almost take it to the bank at this point that Tramon is back. 

Matthews may not even want to play here -- that one is just a "wish" for me. 

Who knows if we're even looking at Snacks -- Gute doesn't appear to be concerned about the DL -- which scares the hell out of me personally. 

On the last, doesn’t scare me.  I feel like this draft was his way of telling Pettine to shut up and deal.

I think there’s smoke to Pettine being on a make or break season.  Gute gave him two great pass rushers, a third one in the draft, a great safety and another one in the draft after the Packers had spent a first and second on corners.  Pettine has more than enough talent to field a top 10 defense.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

On the last, doesn’t scare me.  I feel like this draft was his way of telling Pettine to shut up and deal.

I think there’s smoke to Pettine being on a make or break season.  Gute gave him two great pass rushers, a third one in the draft, a great safety and another one in the draft after the Packers had spent a first and second on corners.  Pettine has more than enough talent to field a top 10 defense.

I just want one more fat guy on the DLine better than Tyler Lancaster. That's a very very low threshold.