2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

8 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Lancaster is a bottom of the roster, UDFA run-stuffer. If he sticks, OK whatever.

Lowry, however, played a lot of snaps and offered nothing as a pass rusher. He was also continuously washed out in the run game. His snaps need to come down and come down dramatically moving forward.

And don't forget Adams. He was absolutely terrible in 2019 -- worse than either Lowry or Lancaster.

I pray Keke improves enough to take some of the snaps, but a legitimate run-stuffer is by far the Packers biggest roster need IMO.

Lancaster graded out solid last year (64.5 pff). That’s worth being in a rotation and not scrub level. Lowry is in the same galaxy as Lancaster. While I wish we had better, they are serviceable and aren’t holes. Holes would be like our S and G from 2018.

I get complaining about their pass rushing, but we are relying on our LBs for that. That isn’t their job.

54 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Lancaster graded out solid last year (64.5 pff). That’s worth being in a rotation and not scrub level. Lowry is in the same galaxy as Lancaster. While I wish we had better, they are serviceable and aren’t holes. Holes would be like our S and G from 2018.

I get complaining about their pass rushing, but we are relying on our LBs for that. That isn’t their job.

Well Fuc*

I hope you and Gutey are correct, but I will go on record as disagreeing that Lowry/Lancaster/Adams are good enough. 

1 minute ago, HawaiiFan808 said:

He said exactly what I said earlier, if you weren't going to get a top 10 WR in the draft, it wasn't really worth the pick to take a guy in the middle rounds. We have a lot of "middle round" talent in the WR room already. We needed a difference maker and those guys were gone before pick 62. So we really had one shot and they chose to go with Love instead. 

20 minutes ago, cannondale said:

In order to survive making a pick like Love, you better be pretty darn perfect on everything else or you never get to see him play. Good luck Gute and MLF

I am happy with picking Love. But not at all happy with Trading up and drafting him

Had we stand pat, who knows he might have fallen to us. If not also you have leverage to trade back into Mid 2nd round and pick a guy like Denzel Mims. We would have our 4th Rd pick too.

If no one signed love before us at 30, more than happily we would have selected him.

That 4th rd pick, would have helped us to trade up and sign Denzel Mims.

That trade killed us Literally..

Edited by Jaire_Island

38 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

How many years does Montravius get?

One more year... I'm not counting on him, but I'm certainly not discarding him. If someone really wants to analyze his game, rather than just bellyache about him, you'll see he has a chance.

Just gotta look at what type of player he was for the last six games in 2018, when he was put in the rotation, until he hurt his shoulder week #2 in 2019. Long story short, he was a player from week #12 in 2018 through game #1 in 2019. He hurt his shoulder in week #2 in 2019 and was junk the rest of the year.

Now that he's he healthy, he certainly has a shot to play like he was before his injury. We'll see.

I think the defense in general will get a big boost out of a more ball control offense that consistently wins TOP.  

Dillon looks like a really interesting player- and I'm glad they took another talented RB.  But that safety, Chin, who went right after looked perfect for Tramon's role.

Edited by LacyIsGood

1 hour ago, Jaire_Island said:

I am happy with picking Love. But not at all happy with Trading up and drafting him

Had we stand pat, who knows he might have fallen to us. If not also you have leverage to trade back into Mid 2nd round and pick a guy like Denzel Mims. We would have our 4th Rd pick too.

If no one signed love before us at 30, more than happily we would have selected him.

That 4th rd pick, would have helped us to trade up and sign Denzel Mims.

That trade killed us Literally..

Not getting Denzel Mims killed us? Time to log off bud.

• Like 1