The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Somebody tell me who the hell Elijah Winston is and why we would use the 2nd round tender?  Is this guy penciled in at RG right now?

This guy....

Supe disappears from a hiatus and suddenly comes back asking us a question like this. 

j/k Welcome back supe. To answer your question......I have no idea. They must know something that we don't because I can't understand why they would choose him over KPL.

7 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Sorry Elijah Wilkinson

still same question

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

This guy....

Supe disappears from a hiatus and suddenly comes back asking us a question like this. 

j/k Welcome back supe. To answer your question......I have no idea. They must know something that we don't because I can't understand why they would choose him over KPL.

I legitimately don't know what you guys are talking about. Wilkinson was given a 2nd round tender by the Broncos.

17 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

This guy....

I've occasionally lurked, but mostly just real busy, and there is only so much doom and gloom I can handle.

Some guys still out there I would like us to look at...

WR...Demarcus Robinson

OT...James Hurst

IOL...Austin Blythe...Greg Van Roten...Stefen Wisniewski...Ted Karras...Ronald Leary

DL...Michael Pierce...Andrew Billings...Linval Joseph...A'Shawn Robinson...Derek Wolfe

CB...P.J Williams

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Some guys still out there I would like us to look at...

WR...Demarcus Robinson

OT...James Hurst

IOL...Austin Blythe...Greg Van Roten...Stefen Wisniewski...Ted Karras...Ronald Leary

DL...Michael Pierce...Andrew Billings...Linval Joseph...A'Shawn Robinson...Derek Wolfe

CB...P.J Williams

Hurst just got popped and will miss the first 4 games of the year. I don't think Williams is a guy they'd go after; I think they like Roberson and Toliver a lot. Wolfe would be a nice signing. When Hicks went down, they got nothing at DE, and Nichols didn't do much in 2019 after a decent 2018.

8 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Hopefully now that Rivers and possibly Brady are both had, QB's like Cam, Dalton, Winston, and Foles are taken early tomorrow and stop Pace from making a huge mistake.

I’m confused - are you saying the Bears adding one of Cam/Dalton/Winston/Foles is a mistake?

On ability alone I don’t think any of them are any real upgrade. Of the four I’d take Foles IF he comes with a high draft pick and JAX eating half or more of that guarantee. Otherwise gimme Dalton for a song well over the other 3. Cam is physically broken down and was never a good passer, Winston generates more turnovers than a bakery and Foles has had one good month in the past 7 years while in the same time frame has been benched for Gardner Minshew and Case Keenum and traded for Sam Bradford. 

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Hurst just got popped and will miss the first 4 games of the year. I don't think Williams is a guy they'd go after; I think they like Roberson and Toliver a lot. Wolfe would be a nice signing. When Hicks went down, they got nothing at DE, and Nichols didn't do much in 2019 after a decent 2018.

Hurst is only out there because he got popped for PEDs...I would still be happy to sign in and stash him as he is an excellent swing tackle...Williams is the type of buy lower and hope for the best prospect we should be targeting...we have got to take some risks here.