The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

3 hours ago, ba_ba_ba_BOOM said:

I know guys that were cut don't count. As far as guys whose contracts were up and haven't been signed I'm not sure. 

I think we almost need to add 1-2 guys at S. 

List of available RB's is puke-worthy. 

I couldn’t disagree more. We are surely looking to add a RB2. All of the following guys are all super qualified for that, and the first 4 would be adequate or better starters if Montgomery were to get hurt: 

Devonta Freeman

Lamar Miller

Lesean McCoy

Carlos Hyde

Frank Gore

Bilal Powell

Theo Riddick 

Spencer Ware

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I couldn’t disagree more. We are surely looking to add a RB2. All of the following guys are all super qualified for that, and the first 4 would be adequate or better starters if Montgomery were to get hurt: 

Devonta Freeman

Lamar Miller

Lesean McCoy

Carlos Hyde

Frank Gore

Bilal Powell

Theo Riddick 

Spencer Ware

I've always thought Riddick is a perfect fit in this offense

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Freeman too. 

Freeman would be OK as a rotational guy. I’m sure one of the Reid disciples could probably give us what we’re looking for. 

Not crazy about Riddick. Telegraphing pass when he’s on the field. Never a threat to run. 

I know we are going the Reid offense, ZBS route at RB. But I wish Nagy/Pace would take a look around the league and see how some of these teams are manufacturing offense with the run ESPECIALLY because we are in flux at QB. 

13 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Devonta Freeman

Lamar Miller

Lesean McCoy

Carlos Hyde

Frank Gore

Bilal Powell

Theo Riddick 

Spencer Ware

Ware would make a lot of sense seeing as he's spent a lot of time with Nagy. Always been a fan of Bilal Powell as a #2 RB as well.

I think we had a roster of about 67 players before the draft? So on about 82 now with all the UDFAs, plenty of spots to add some vets now - RB, ILB, OG, S are all positions I'd like to see them bring in competition at.

• Like 1

So with Jenkins we're up to 87 players. With those last three spots I'd ideally like to add another guard (Josh Kline is still out there), an ILB and an RB.

I really do think the Bears believe they're set on the OL though so if I can't have that then a vet safety would also be awesome, Tony Jefferson and Eric Reid still available - though I think injury concerns are why Jefferson hasn't been signed yet.

Edited by RJ_11

5 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

So with Jenkins we're up to 87 players. With those last three spots I'd ideally like to add another guard (Josh Kline is still out there), an ILB and an RB.

I really do think the Bears believe they're set on the OL though so if I can't have that then a vet safety would also be awesome, Tony Jefferson and Eric Reid still available - though I think injury concerns are why Jefferson hasn't been signed yet.

I think a SS signing is a relative given at some point. Bush resigning for 1/$1.4M certainly suggests they’re not committed to him in any meaningful way as a starter, and when given the opportunity to let him compete for the job last year after getting a taste of him in regular action after the Eddie Jackson injury late I’m 2018 they instead chose to sign a plug-and-play stop gap to slot in ahead of him. I can’t imagine after not drafting a safety at all that that doesn’t happen again. If they can get value it would be mice to see them sign someone to a multi-year deal for the sake of continuity, but I’m not sure who’s out there right now who’d be worthy and who would actually sign a multi-year deal. I’d love for that with Jefferson but he’s probably looking to prove he’s healthy on a 1-year deal to get back to the pay range he was in before. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think a SS signing is a relative given at some point. Bush resigning for 1/$1.4M certainly suggests they’re not committed to him in any meaningful way as a starter, and when given the opportunity to let him compete for the job last year after getting a taste of him in regular action after the Eddie Jackson injury late I’m 2018 they instead chose to sign a plug-and-play stop gap to slot in ahead of him. I can’t imagine after not drafting a safety at all that that doesn’t happen again. If they can get value it would be mice to see them sign someone to a multi-year deal for the sake of continuity, but I’m not sure who’s out there right now who’d be worthy and who would actually sign a multi-year deal. I’d love for that with Jefferson but he’s probably looking to prove he’s healthy on a 1-year deal to get back to the pay range he was in before. 

Sound logic and reasoning.
I personally think they should give Bush a real run at job.  I think he has improved greatly. They obviously are meh on him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Wonder how you can evaluate someone like Jefferson without getting them into the building for a medical exam.  His knee was pretty messed up. 

You sign him to a deal with low guarantees that kick in when he passes a physical.