The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Any one else suspect a good Chance Ebron might mail it in for Bears if signed? 

Hasn’t this guy been generally disappointing most of his career and had one good season? 

I admit I don’t have a lot of evidence, just a hunch.  

TDs aside, Ebron averaged 57/643 from 2015-18 without any huge statistical outliers and was on pretty much the same pace last year when he went down for the season. I would contend that he’s been disappointing only relative to his draft position. He’s an average starter at TE and that would be where my expectations are if we sign him. He’d be a sufficient but not overly exciting addition. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

TDs aside, Ebron averaged 57/643 from 2015-18 without any huge statistical outliers and was on pretty much the same pace last year when he went down for the season. I would contend that he’s been disappointing only relative to his draft position. He’s an average starter at TE and that would be where my expectations are if we sign him. He’d be a sufficient but not overly exciting addition. 

He would add a size/athletic combination the Bears do not have and would be someone who needs to be covered.

39 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Austin Hooper posted on Instagram that the Falcons told him "to hit the road".

Can someone send him a mapquest of the roads to take from Atlanta to Halas Hall please.

That's because he's probably asking for a lot.  I don't blame him because this is probably his one chance to cash in large, but you also can't blame the Falcons for moving on.  If they thought he was that special of a player and not replaceable then I'm sure they would have made room for him.

16 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

That's because he's probably asking for a lot.  I don't blame him because this is probably his one chance to cash in large, but you also can't blame the Falcons for moving on.  If they thought he was that special of a player and not replaceable then I'm sure they would have made room for him.

They are even more cap screwed than us.

8 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

They could release guys to make room for him is what I'm saying.  Guys who are constantly banged up like Freeman, Neal, etc.

They are doing that and still cap screwed.

The truth is that they have handed out an enormous amount of money lately, Ryan, Julio, Matthews, Jarrett and Jones. They cannot tag Hooper or Campbell who are both talented players, but will surpass what Atlanta can afford.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns are expected to pursue QB Chase Daniel when free agency begins.

Daniel has earned at least $10 million from three different teams since 2013. He has seven career passing touchdowns in five career starts. Legend

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/1361/chase-daniel

Yes please sign the legend far far away from here.  Seriously though, Chase seems like a great guy and all but we need better at the 1b QB spot.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/1361/chase-daniel

Yes please sign the legend far far away from here.  Seriously though, Chase seems like a great guy and all but we need better at the 1b QB spot.

Funny Daniel connection, I was reading a report on Jake Fromms and the player comp was Chase Daniel, and now I'm REALLY scared he might be Nagy's guy to execute an offense. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Funny Daniel connection, I was reading a report on Jake Fromms and the player comp was Chase Daniel, and now I'm REALLY scared he might be Nagy's guy to execute an offense. 

Comparison aside, I would like Fromm as a mid to late round guy to be a developmental guy or at worst a camp arm.  He would be cheap and Nagy could mold him to be an Alex Smith type of player down the road if Mitch fails to realize his potential.

Fromm doesn't have as much athletic ability as some of the other QB prospects out there but he's a smart player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Comparison aside, I would like Fromm as a mid to late round guy to be a developmental guy or at worst a camp arm.  He would be cheap and Nagy could mold him to be an Alex Smith type of player down the road if Mitch fails to realize his potential.

Fromm doesn't have as much athletic ability as some of the other QB prospects out there but he's a smart player.

He was actually the first QB I really looked at, I liked a lot about him until I started realizing that to make even middle distance throws he is putting everything into it.  Seems very calculated, really good at getting the ball to guys that can take it upfield, but I don't think many of his nice throws from college would work in the NFL

30 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

He was actually the first QB I really looked at, I liked a lot about him until I started realizing that to make even middle distance throws he is putting everything into it.  Seems very calculated, really good at getting the ball to guys that can take it upfield, but I don't think many of his nice throws from college would work in the NFL

Apparently they met with him too.