The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

Chase served his purpose and went .500 as a starter which is all that was ever expected of him.  Now that we have both the need and the opportunity to bring in a better vet to compete for the #1 spot Chase moves on to where he can fill a role for another team similar to the one he filled for the Bears.  He's about what teams expect in a steady #2 who can play when needed but won't win any championships.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

That would be a huge domino.

If he ends up in Tennessee or Oakland it opens up a nice option for the Bears.

That would really be nice for us to have a couple of potential options. If Mitch flames out and Carr was had for a second round pick, we can put a nail in Pace's coffin.

52 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

That would really be nice for us to have a couple of potential options. If Mitch flames out and Carr was had for a second round pick, we can put a nail in Pace's coffin.

I don't get it.  Wouldn't Pace be the one making the trade for Carr...so how would that put the nail in his coffin?

I'm saying it now...i Bears trade a 2nd round pick for Carr then they are iditos and Pace should be fired on the spot.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't get it.  Wouldn't Pace be the one making the trade for Carr...so how would that put the nail in his coffin?

I'm saying it now...i Bears trade a 2nd round pick for Carr then they are iditos and Pace should be fired on the spot.

I read it as Pace doesn't pull the trigger for Carr who is available. Ride or die with Mitch.

Pace should be fired unless Mitch takes off or the Bears make the playoffs, he won't be, but he should be.

42 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I read it as Pace doesn't pull the trigger for Carr who is available. Ride or die with Mitch.

Pace should be fired unless Mitch takes off or the Bears make the playoffs, he won't be, but he should be.

When he said "Carr was had" I figured he meant by the Bears, but rereading it I can see it could be the other way around

And FWIW my $.02 is worth I don't believe Pace's job security is tied to Mitch's success or failure.  The McCaskey's love him and in the overall scheme of things he's been a better GM than either Angelo or Emery although with the latter that ain't sayin' much.

For those who want to focus only on his misses you'd then be admitting you're completely ignoring his successes with day two and day three picks and some savvy UFA pickups as well and of course the Mack trade.  Besides Floyd isn't a failure he just happened to be a top ten pick in a draft with few top edge rushers.  Mitch hasn't been a total failure either so at best we're talking only White and probably Shaheen as true busts as higher picks.

I may not be all in on Pace and Nagy but at the same time perceptions of reality and how choose to filter those can make a huge difference.  For instance.  Had we gone 8-8 in Nagy's first year then 12-4 this past year would the "bitchers" be bitching as much as they are?  After that excruciating 3 year descent under Fox a 20-12 record these past two year might look pretty damn good.  It's only the regression that's annoying us so let's just accept it and see how it works out this year.  If we go 8-8 again well then yeah some people may be gone both on and off the field but I really don't believe Ryan Pace will be one of them.  JMHO

Edited by soulman