The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

3 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

A 1 yr deal at THAT price. I would've brought him back in a heart beat. But as I said in another thread, I get it. They want a safety with more range and flexibility to make the most out of Jackson's skill set. 

Yeah definitely, if they wanted Ha Ha back surely they'd pay him that, apparently he liked it a lot here too so he may have even taken a little less.

It's got to be that we want a different type of player, if the Cowboys get the Ha Ha we saw last season for $4m then that's a very good signing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

A lot of the really good under the radar and depth guys are starting to get snapped up...Pace needs to be aggressive and go grab one or two of them because right now we have holes all over the place.

Agreed, we are getting to the time where a couple more deals need to be struck. You cannot compromise your draft picks and then sit this phase out.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

A lot of the really good under the radar and depth guys are starting to get snapped up...Pace needs to be aggressive and go grab one or two of them because right now we have holes all over the place.

His focus may presently be on how much more space he can create in a Robinson and maybe Hicks extension, which would make sense. Our roster at present certainly suggests a plan to draft a SS and RG early. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

His focus may presently be on how much more space he can create in a Robinson and maybe Hicks extension, which would make sense. Our roster at present certainly suggests a plan to draft a SS and RG early. 

My issue is you can't corner yourself like that...or we end up with a Morgan Burnett/Major Wright situation where everyone knows who it is you are targeting...you then get jumped for the player but still have a big hole at the position then need to reach...with depth issues at both those spots as well it would make a ton of sense to get a few more vets in at those spots.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

My issue is you can't corner yourself like that...or we end up with a Morgan Burnett/Major Wright situation where everyone knows who it is you are targeting...you then get jumped for the player but still have a big hole at the position then need to reach...with depth issues at both those spots as well it would make a ton of sense to get a few more vets in at those spots.

Totally agree. 

19 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

We are very exposed in the draft right now.

We pretty much have to trade down with one of those 2nds and if we had position qualifiers to that I think we are in trouble.

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Thoughts on the Redskins signing Cornelius Lucas and KPL?

KPL was awesome for us last year. Fast, can cover and even added a little pass rush when we were short edge rushers. Awesome signing for you guys.

Lucas was solid filling in at RT after getting killed at LT in the preseason. He was solid. The more games he played the more his weaknesses got exposed. I thought he was solid in run and pass, but the pass pro will have some blips in it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

KPL was awesome for us last year. Fast, can cover and even added a little pass rush when we were short edge rushers. Awesome signing for you guys.

Lucas was solid filling in at RT after getting killed at LT in the preseason. He was solid. The more games he played the more his weaknesses got exposed. I thought he was solid in run and pass, but the pass pro will have some blips in it.

Thanks.  They both look to be depth signings as of now, but the Redskins depth players tend to end up playing more minutes than their starters in most seasons, so it’s good to know the depth here is at least solid.