The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

FWIW one reason we aren't seeing any OL additions right now is a lack of cap.  OTC ($2.334 mil) and Spotrac ($1.942 mil)have slightly different calculations but what's left as of the latest additions is roughly $2 mil.  That's not gonna get us much.

ARob is next in line for an extension that can help and other than that maybe a restructure of Hicks deal.  Not too many other places to push money around so the draft looms big this year.  We need at least two starters.

24 minutes ago, soulman said:

FWIW one reason we aren't seeing any OL additions right now is a lack of cap.  OTC ($2.334 mil) and Spotrac ($1.942 mil)have slightly different calculations but what's left as of the latest additions is roughly $2 mil.  That's not gonna get us much.

That doesn't sound right. But, Long isn't off the books yet, is he? 

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

That doesn't sound right. But, Long isn't off the books yet, is he? 

He is.  Here's Spotracs calculations:

Chicago Bears Cap Totals

31 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Well, ****. They can't even manage their draft picks at this point. WTF they gonna do? 

Right now it would only cost 1.48M to sign each draft pick ($5.75 minus 7 replacement salaries at 4.27M).

And if the draft were today with no other changes made, only picks 43, 50, and 163 would count against the top-51.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Right now it would only cost 1.48M to sign each draft pick ($5.75 minus 7 replacement salaries at 4.27M).

And if the draft were today with no other changes made, only picks 43, 50, and 163 would count against the top-51.

Well, sure, they're CLOSE. But they ain't there right now. 

I wonder what they're going to do? 

22 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Well, sure, they're CLOSE. But they ain't there right now. 

I wonder what they're going to do? 

Rework some more contracts like they did with Whitehair. He was set to make 7.4M this year and now it's only 4.2M. They could also resign Robinson and Hicks to save some money. Releasing Braunecker and Shaheen would free up 2.7M

My numbers a bit different than there's are -- draft included. (Assuming Artie Burns' contract is 1M)

Total Salary cap:  $198,200,000
Top 51 cap-hit: -
$201,039,107
Dead-cap: -
$6,902,403
Off-season money: - $2,000,000
Roll-over: + $16,556,739 

Salary cap =  $4,815,229

Untitled2.pngUntitled3.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Bears sign barkevious Mingo.  Commence key and peeve jokes.

Mingo is like the NFL predecessor to Leonard Floyd.  He was another undersized SEC "Tweener" who was a top ten pick (6th overall) who has never been a top pass rusher ever.  Not even at LSU.  He was who I had in mind when we drafted Floyd whom I was against taking.  At least we aren't paying $13 mil for Mingo.

Edited by soulman

39 minutes ago, soulman said:

Mingo is like the NFL predecessor to Leonard Floyd.  He was another undersized SEC "Tweener" who was a top ten pick (6th overall) who has never been a top pass rusher ever.  Not even at LSU.  He was who I had in mind when we drafted Floyd whom I was against taking.  At least we aren't paying $13 mil for Mingo.

I think Mingo is a 4-phase ST signing more than anything. He’s played 275+ ST snaps each of the past 5 seasons.