The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

15 minutes ago, Orange&Blue said:

What's everyone's preference on Devonta Freeman, Carlos Hyde, Lesean McCoy, and Lamar Miller as RB2? Feels like it can't be Cohen going into week 1.

I think Freeman is a nice fit for what we do.

Really we need to find out who is the best pass protector, because that might tip the scale if Monty is hurt.

1 hour ago, Orange&Blue said:

What's everyone's preference on Devonta Freeman, Carlos Hyde, Lesean McCoy, and Lamar Miller as RB2? Feels like it can't be Cohen going into week 1.

I’d be fine with any of the above tbh, but I’d order them in order of preference (assuming health at signing): Miller/Freeman, McCoy, Hyde

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orange&Blue said:

Of those guys?

Freeman if he is like how he was in past.  I haven't watched him in awhile. 

Then Hyde who I think is always a little sneaky good, but then has bad games for no particular reason.

McCoy is just over the hill I think.  Lamar has had too many injuries that have built up on him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Of those guys?

Freeman if he is like how he was in past.  I haven't watched him in awhile. 

Then Hyde who I think is always a little sneaky good, but then has bad games for no particular reason.

McCoy is just over the hill I think.  Lamar has had too many injuries that have built up on him.

I 100% agree with this.  I don't really want anything to do with McCoy and Miller.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I 100% agree with this.  I don't really want anything to do with McCoy and Miller.  

McCoy and Miller also have a reputation of being volatile personalities.  Pace won't want them even if they could still play.  They can possibly be divisive locker room guys.

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I think Freeman is a nice fit for what we do.

He's also the best back on that list. So, Freeman, if possible.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

McCoy and Miller also have a reputation of being volatile personalities.  Pace won't want them even if they could still play.  They can possibly be divisive locker room guys.

I don't think either of those guys are in a position, or would have the motivation, to truly disrupt a locker room. If McCoy has something left, I'd be okay with him. Miller was really never all that good.

So, of course, Pace will sign Miller. :D

Edited by Heinz D.

3 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

I think that Pace is not in love with any of them,  or he knows that another RB or 2 will become available..

I've suspected that Pace realizes that any number of offensive players are going to shake free in the near future. Hopefully he pounces on the right ones. 

16 hours ago, WindyCity said:

His feet are slow and heavy, but he gets after it.

ok cool, ya heavy feet is great way to put it  ..... is there a place for slow heavy footed OGs in the NFL. Can he be a road grader type if his talent pans out? Is that even a thing in the NFL

He has the power size and potential to bully the big boys too  I like this kid ALOT but can't see him pulling or anything out in front of a play. He seems to run well in open field however .. but so heavy out of the gate when asked to move

Would/could Castillo use a phone booth type ?? thanks for the OL knowledge, I am taylor gabriels size almost exactly and never played anywhere near either line ! 

what little I do know about OL, I can still say with supreme confidence that our OL execution last year was the worst  I have ever seen in my lifetime ... 

32 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I've suspected that Pace realizes that any number of offensive players are going to shake free in the near future. Hopefully he pounces on the right ones. 

oh he will, there seems to be a growing sentimate around the leafue that Freeman is a big question mark

Monty is very young and Cohen is essentially an Oweapon and fills rb3 spot .... we need a proven force at rb2 

52 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

oh he will, there seems to be a growing sentimate around the leafue that Freeman is a big question mark

Monty is very young and Cohen is essentially an Oweapon and fills rb3 spot .... we need a proven force at rb2 

Foles stays as our QB and Tru converts to the 3rd best passing RB in the NFL.  BOOM.

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

He's also the best back on that list. So, Freeman, if possible.

I don't think either of those guys are in a position, or would have the motivation, to truly disrupt a locker room. If McCoy has something left, I'd be okay with him. Miller was really never all that good.

So, of course, Pace will sign Miller. :D

Miller averaged 4.6 ypc across 210 carries in 2018 and 4.3 ypc over his career, and he’s always been a capable receiver. He’s been durable too - before tearing his ACL last preseason he missed just 7 games in 7 years.

Gimme a backup RB with those credentials every damn year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Miller averaged 4.6 ypc across 210 carries in 2018 and 4.3 ypc over his career, and he’s always been a capable receiver. He’s been durable too - before tearing his ACL last preseason he missed just 7 games in 7 years.

Gimme a backup RB with those credentials every damn year. 

You're pulling for Miller, then?