The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

How many years are you giving him?

Lets set a timeframe and pretend that we have standards, instead of just pushing back when we expect this team to be good.

Timeframe talk coming from someone completely losing his **** about the dearth of moves in free agency on day 1 knowing that we didn’t have day 1 free agency money coming into it is a bit heavy handed, no? 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Timeframe talk coming from someone completely losing his **** about the dearth of moves in free agency on day 1 knowing that we didn’t have day 1 free agency money coming into it is a bit heavy handed, no? 

They had the money to make a move today. Jimmy Graham is not getting penauts.

All I want is a year where people will be done with the Pace mediocrity. Instead everyone deflects and talks about other things.

Just tell me how much longer he gets to produce a consistently competitive team?

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

They had the money to make a move today. Jimmy Graham is not getting penauts.

All I want is a year where people will be done with the Pace mediocrity. Instead everyone deflects and talks about other things.

Just tell me how much longer he gets to produce a consistently competitive team?

You were just as mad as you are now after we went 12-4, so spare us this higher standards holier than thou stuff already. The roster you can’t help but to criticize every time you open your mouth is average QB play away from being a consistent double-digit winner. You’re stumping for Andy Dalton and Derek Carr for God’s sake. We won 8 games last year with Mitch largely in a full blown tailspin and XFL caliber TEs in an offense featuring the TE. The roster isn’t the best in the league but, man, it’s not complete horse crap either. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

You were just as mad as you are now after we went 12-4, so spare us this higher standards holier than thou stuff already. The roster you can’t help but to criticize every time you open your mouth is average QB play away from being a consistent double-digit winner. You’re stumping for Andy Dalton and Derek Carr for God’s sake. We won 8 games last year with Mitch largely in a full blown tailspin and XFL caliber TEs in an offense featuring the TE. The roster isn’t the best in the league but, man, it’s not complete horse crap either. 

I mean, Pace did draft Trubisky & he also put together the OL and TE position, right?

23 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

But I was told the Bears could sign whoever they want because backloading.

Edited by abstract_thought

24 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

How many years?

25 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Wasn’t mad after last year at all. I was mad about the garbage contract he gave Parkey that made him uncuttable.

If the roster is only average QB play from being a consistent winner, which I disagree with there are major offensive personnel issues, then it should be a relatively easy fix for Pace.

So then the expectation is a return to the playoffs in 2020?

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

How many years?

If you got the same results,would having as many years as Angelo be ok?......  Cmon Windy. Dude you are a very smart X and Os guy, And i very much enjoy your mock drafts and player insight but this vendetta you have with Pace is borderline off the plank. 

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Wasn’t mad after last year at all. I was mad about the garbage contract he gave Parkey that made him uncuttable.

If the roster is only average QB play from being a consistent winner, which I disagree with there are major offensive personnel issues, then it should be a relatively easy fix for Pace.

So then the expectation is a return to the playoffs in 2020?

With average QB play or better from whoever we have at QB that’s my expectation. 

9 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

With average QB play or better from whoever we have at QB that’s my expectation. 

If they don’t get average QB play are we allowed to blame Pace for that? He is in charge of the roster.

Year 6, you expect them to return to being competitive next year. Thank you for giving me a number.