The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

9 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Agreed,  I called him a knockoff Jay Cutler before the draft and I'm sticking to that. He is the POS everyone claimed Jay to be imo.  

That being said he is the most talented QB that can be afforded if he isn't getting stupid money, but this is FA so I'm not sure that is the case. I could take a 1 year deal then try to move up for a franchise QB, hopefully he balls out somewhat and when another team snatches him up we earn a comp pick. 

Signing Winston is no slam dunk but we would be a complete change of scenery, new coach and Dominant D ....JW has plenty of talent to at least manage games and not lose them 

Funny how Pace is absorbing so many put downs yet look at the draft picks and FAs he's brought in who are getting signed by other teams.

As far as our top ten picks go Mitch is the only one whose actually hurt us so far.  In hindsight we should have done better but Pace wasn't the only guy who had Mitch ranked ahead of Mahomes and Watson.  In the end it may be less that Mitch is that bad than he's just not the right fit for Nagy's offense.

Floyd may not have been worth a top ten pick but it wasn't a great draft for OLBs and we needed one.  He was probably still a BPA where he was picked.  As for White, we got unlucky.  Everyone though Cooper would fall to us but even if he had would he still be a Bear?  Smith is turning out to be a great pick.

• Like 4

My thoughts so far:

1. Hate the Jimmy G signing... way overpaying a washed up player. But the TE's this draft are very underwhelming and even if they weren't rookie TEs statistically are non factors. I'd rather have tried to flip a later rounder for Njoku, but it is what it is.

2. Quinn signing is amazing... Same price as Floyd but infinitely better at actually getting pressures/sacks.   Low key biggest benefactors are going to be E. Jackson and the rest of the secondary... More pressure should get our INT numbers back up again.

3. The elephant in the room for me so far is what the Bears HAVEN'T touched. No, not QB, they've been trying to fix that at least via numerous reports. OFFENSIVE LINE was my # concern going into this season, and we have 3 spots on it that I think need replacing over the next 2 years.   RG needs to replaced NOW.... RT/LT both need upgrades ASAP... and James Daniels is a guy I'm skeptical on after a very uneven last season.  IMO we are drafting AT LEAST two OL this draft, as it currently stands.

4. The only QB on the board I even want is Brady. I can't see how he'd ever come here with our atrocious OL, however.

5. I was very much expecting HHCD to get moved... E.Jacks needs to be relegated to a pure FS role, and HHCD is less proficient at SS.... I don't like having 2x FS both forcing one another to play out of position much of the time.

Edited by Epyon

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Danny mac is doubling down by saying it’s from “an unimpeachable source”.  If true, how dumb of the Bears?  You don’t give a guy $20m plus to compete against Trubisky.

And yet Bridgewater hasn't shown enough in the long run to just be handed the #1 role in an offense he's never played in before.

The price is the price.  I don't see many others who aren't making nearly as much.  Dalton is the only guy whose probably gonna cost less than $20 mil over the next 2-3 years and I wouldn't even be certain of that.  With him and Foles it all depends on whether Cincy or Jax will take back some of their salaries.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Epyon said:

1. Hate the Jimmy G signing... way overpaying a washed up player. But the TE's this draft are very underwhelming and even if they weren't rookie TEs statistically are non factors. I'd rather have tried to flip a later rounder for Njoku, but it is what it is.

A lot of guys are getting over paid based on what we've been used to but this new CBA along with several teams having tens of millions to spend are pushing up prices.  I agree with you that this isn't an overwhelming TE class so while the best we might draft would be far cheaper would he be as productive?  Let's face it.  They've lost trust in Burton and missed on Hooper so Graham was a desperation signing.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Agreed,  I called him a knockoff Jay Cutler before the draft and I'm sticking to that. He is the POS everyone claimed Jay to be imo.  

That being said he is the most talented QB that can be afforded if he isn't getting stupid money, but this is FA so I'm not sure that is the case. I could take a 1 year deal then try to move up for a franchise QB, hopefully he balls out somewhat and when another team snatches him up we earn a comp pick. 

The video is awesome.

• Like 1