TCMD 2020 GB Packer WAR ROOM

squire12

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

what are your thoughts?

me and squire are both in the don't pay RB's camp, so we were able to get 2 years of elite DL from Hicks on a very reasonable deal like 10m cap hits in both 20 and 21 and gained some draft capital that equates out to be pick 73. 

Oh I'm absolutely in the "I don't pay RBs" camp as well, but Hicks coming off an injury-plagued season and his high cap hit.  It's reasonable deal, but I'm sure you looked for a RB for a DP deal.  I honestly don't know where his value is.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Oh I'm absolutely in the "I don't pay RBs" camp as well, but Hicks coming off an injury-plagued season and his high cap hit.  It's reasonable deal, but I'm sure you looked for a RB for a DP deal.  I honestly don't know where his value is.

he had an elbow injury. his cap hit is kinda high, but lower than market value. looked for a RB for a DP deal? what does that mean? 

Just now, FinneasGage said:

he had an elbow injury. his cap hit is kinda high, but lower than market value. looked for a RB for a DP deal? what does that mean? 

PM me the link to this thing.  I meant, what kind of max draft pick could we have gotten for Aaron Jones?

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

PM me the link to this thing.  I meant, what kind of max draft pick could we have gotten for Aaron Jones?

i had discussions with two other guys about jones, not sure about squire, but both said he's be too expensive and we never really went deeper on the talks. the bears GM was the first one to really enter into any kind of actual discussion with me about a deal. 

i'll send a link now

Edited by FinneasGage

QB: Aaron Rodgers | Tim Boyle
RB: Jamaal Williams | Dexter Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Allen Lazard | Equanimeous St. Brown | Marquez Valdes-Scantling 
TE: Jace Sternberger | Robert Tonyan Jr.
OT: David Bakhtiari | Bryan Bulaga | John Leglue | Alex Light 
IOL: Elgton Jenkins | Corey Linsley | Billy Turner | Lucas Patrick | Cole Madison

DL: Kenny Clark | Javon Hargrave | Akiem Hicks | Kinglsey Keke | Dean Lowry | Tyler Lancaster | Montravius Adams
EDGE: Za'Darius Smith | Preston Smith | Rashan Gary | Greg Roberts
ILB: Kevin Pierre-Louis | Curtis Bolton | Oren Burks | Ty Summers
CB: Jaire Alexander | Kevin King | Mackensie Alexander | Chandon Sullivan | Ka'Dar Hollman 
S: Adrian Amos | Darnell Savage | Raven Greene

ST: JK Scott | Hunter Bradley

Draft Picks

Edited by FinneasGage

TRADE

The Green Bay Packers Trade

0019 - Aaron Jones
Pick 62

To The Chicago Bears For

0051 - Akiem Hicks
Pick 43
Pick 132

-----------------------------

Current draft picks

Available Draft Picks DPV       Base Hit Signing Bonus Cap Hit
1ST Rnd - Pick 30 | Ovrall: 30 620       $510,000 $1,686,078 $2,196,078
2ND Rnd - Pick 11 | Ovrall: 43 470       $510,000 $901,348 $1,411,348
3RD Rnd - Pick 30 | Ovrall: 94 124       $510,000 $254,595 $764,595
4TH Rnd - Pick 22 | Ovrall: 125 47       $510,000 $214,035 $724,035
4TH Rnd - Pick 29 | Ovrall: 132 40       $510,000 $202,800 $712,800
4TH Rnd - Pick 30 | Ovrall: 133 39.5       $510,000 $200,773 $710,773
5TH Rnd - Pick 36 | Ovrall: 176 22       $510,000 $81,516 $591,516
6TH Rnd - Pick 34 | Ovrall: 210 8.4       $510,000 $46,632 $556,632
7TH Rnd - Pick 1 | Ovrall: 219 4.8       $510,000 $33,262 $543,262
7TH Rnd - Pick 25 | Ovrall: 243 1.1       $510,000 $23,653 $533,653
7TH Rnd - Pick 26 | Ovrall: 244         $510,000 $23,461 $533,461

15 hours ago, squire12 said:

TRADE

Green Bay sends

1220 - Jimmy Graham - TE

Buffalo Trades:

2185 - Star Lotulelei  - DT

Pick 125 (4th round)

I'm doing one of these elsewhere, I'm the Ravens though, but Graham has been traded 3 times now lol. Everyone thinks he has value until they get him and is like oh crap he's not good anymore??

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

RFA's get their designations yet? What did Breida get put at? Think that's a plug and play for AJ honestly if he got ROFR.

1700 - Matt Breida - RB | ROFR - 2nd Rnd. Comp. | $3,278,000

Breida got a 2nd round comp tag

14 hours ago, squire12 said:

TRADE

The Green Bay Packers Trade

0019 - Aaron Jones
Pick 62

To The Chicago Bears For

0051 - Akiem Hicks
Pick 43
Pick 132

Like many things in life...I clearly do not understand this TCMD stuff

IF you were the GM of MY team and traded away a playmaker (in his prime) on a cheap contract in exchange for a 30 year old injured run stuffer...
I would not only fire you, but I'd handcuff you and perp - walk you out of the building.

Even IF you draft a replacement RB, he has to learn pass pro well enough to play in an up - tempo offense with AR changing calls at the LOS.
None of these guys get it in Year 1, so it seems like a poor trade for a team trying to go on a run in 2020 and 2021. Any FA RBs are gonna cost more

I can appreciate the "don't pay RBs' mantra.
But I don't understand why you'd trade him away in his prime instead of reaping the incredible benefit of a paying a playmaker much less than he is worth.

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

IF you were the GM of MY team and traded away a playmaker (in his prime) on a cheap contract in exchange for a 30 year old injured run stuffer...
I would not only fire you, but I'd handcuff you and perp - walk you out of the building.

Even IF you draft a replacement RB, he has to learn pass pro well enough to play in an up - tempo offense with AR changing calls at the LOS.
None of these guys get it in Year 1, so it seems like a poor trade for a team trying to go on a run in 2020 and 2021. Any FA RBs are gonna cost more

But I don't understand why you'd trade him away in his prime instead of reaping the incredible benefit of a paying a playmaker much less than he is worth.

+1

If you are trying to win the SB with Rodgers you are shooting yourself in the foot trading away Jones right now.  You elevate the need for a RB into the top three rounds.  It took Jones three years to get to this point, very few late round rookies are going to walk in and make any kind of impact.  Whether you pay him or not, Jones was an impact player this year.

10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

+1

If you are trying to win the SB with Rodgers you are shooting yourself in the foot trading away Jones right now.  You elevate the need for a RB into the top three rounds.  It took Jones three years to get to this point, very few late round rookies are going to walk in and make any kind of impact.  Whether you pay him or not, Jones was an impact player this year.

Both fair thoughts.  Was not an easy decision.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

+1

It was getting early 3rd round value and then swapping a year of RB play for two years of what should be elite DL play on a contract that’s well below his market value. Jones has been this player since he came in the league. RBs in their prime 22-26. Me and Squire thought it was an attractive option to maximize assets. No other offers were close in terms of value. I get it being a blow to the gut tho to lose a player like that that was carrying our team last year