Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KingTitan

2019-20 Celebration of Titans Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Do you guys think us having this deep playoff run will get more fans in the crowd and pumped next year? Attendance has been lacking as of late. God I hope we can get a home playoff win next year.

Probably, but depends how the offseason goes. I don’t think the fan base will respond well if Henry is not in a Titans uniform next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Probably, but depends how the offseason goes. I don’t think the fan base will respond well if Henry is not in a Titans uniform next season. 

If Brady is signed I’m sure the stadium fills up more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

 

Not to be a Debbie downer and I’ve complained about Landry before, but he just doesn’t make impact on games. Disappears for long spells.

based on the hype he had coming out of school and how we got a “steal” in round 2, I’m overall disappointed in his level of play. Need a hell of a lot more from him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Not to be a Debbie downer and I’ve complained about Landry before, but he just doesn’t make impact on games. Disappears for long spells.

based on the hype he had coming out of school and how we got a “steal” in round 2, I’m overall disappointed in his level of play. Need a hell of a lot more from him 

I think he is progressing on a nice arc for an 2nd rounder. He had more sacks than Frank Clark who got paid over $100 Milly.  
He isn't Kearse or some wreaking machine....yet but 9 sacks in your second year isn't anything to sneeze at. Seeing that Z'Darius Smith never had over 8.5 before he got paid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think he is progressing on a nice arc for an 2nd rounder. He had more sacks than Frank Clark who got paid over $100 Milly.  
He isn't Kearse or some wreaking machine....yet but 9 sacks in your second year isn't anything to sneeze at. Seeing that Z'Darius Smith never had over 8.5 before he got paid. 

9 is a great number, but he cooled off big time at the end of the season and he just didn’t seem to show up at big moments of the game. I know thah doesn’t make a ton of sense, because a sack at any point in the game is a big benefit for that drive, but never was I like “thank goodness Landry made that play”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

9 is a great number, but he cooled off big time at the end of the season and he just didn’t seem to show up at big moments of the game. I know thah doesn’t make a ton of sense, because a sack at any point in the game is a big benefit for that drive, but never was I like “thank goodness Landry made that play”

off the top of my head we likely don't beat tampa without landry's strip sack. he's not a great player and i know we'd all like to see him pressure the QB more consistently but getting a solid starter in the second round is fine by me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, -Hope- said:off the top of my head we likely don't beat tampa without landry's strip sack. he's not a great player and i know we'd all like to see him pressure the QB more consistently but getting a solid starter in the second round is fine by me

I’m nit-picking but that’s one “big play” in 16 games. Maybe he didn’t deserve the hype out of college (idk if he did or didn’t as I don’t follow college football very closely), but the scouting report had this guy listed as an amazing pass rusher and he rarely, if ever, flashes that type of skill. Again, 9 sacks in year 2 is a good number, but I feel that coaches and JRob expected a much more impactful “breakout year” from him and he didn’t preform like that. For me, I’d expect more from a second round pick that we traded up for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

off the top of my head we likely don't beat tampa without landry's strip sack. he's not a great player and i know we'd all like to see him pressure the QB more consistently but getting a solid starter in the second round is fine by me

And pretty good considering he had no real other past rush threat on they line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And pretty good considering he had no real other past rush threat on they line. 

That’s true

but hey this is a CELEBRATION thread! I shall stop my non-celebrating 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×