J-Deere’s 1 round mock (trades) 1.0

Johnny Nix

17 hours ago, Shashiaj70 said:

For MIA - Uh oh....Who let Rick Spielman back in the building? lol....teasing/kidding! LOL! And 2 trades up like that? Gutsy, but highly doubt that will happen. I do not believe CAR is going to sit a trade up for a year/IR. I do see them taking a flyer on Rivers if he shakes loose, or going after Bridgewater. But, I would not be surprised to see LAC consider it based on Rivers leaving or not, but I think they stay where they are and take which ever falls to them after MIA. FYI.... I'm not a Tua fan! I'd rather wait until next year and use draft capital to chase Lawrence or Fields. So don't think it's because I am forcing that pick to MIA. :P I surely am not.... :) 

R1:5 - Andrew Thomas, I am ok with that. Everyone knows MIA need OL help in the worst way. But, I think Okudah is more the BPA over Thomas, in this scenario. Picking in Top 5, I believe you stay with BPA or trade out. Howard (CB1) and Okudah (CB2), that is sick sounding! And it's entirely plausible. How many times have we seen teams that go against the expectation, have you watched MIA draft in the last decade? LOL!!
R1:18 - Eason? uhh, noooooo no no no no! Not in the 1st.. he can be had in 2nd. And, I noticed that you think Jordan Love is going to fall to the 2nd, not Eason won't? Hmm... Just curious/not sarcasm.
R1:26 - Henderson has good height and speed, BUT MIA has enough poor tackling players, we don't need another. Pass on henderson/no pun intended.

Side note - I don't think an RB is going to be selected in R1, regardless of team and flexibility. People can say BPA, but I don't think it will happen. So, the run on RBs (again, no pun intended) will happen in R2. Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Etienne, Akers (mostly likely in that order). 

Question for you...  If the Dolphins lose out on Tua, do they start thinking about becoming sellers with their first rounders?  If the goal is Trevor or Fields, moving one or more of their first rounders this year might be enticing with the price of this year's second and next year's first.  And if they get one of them with one of the two they have next year, they still build around him with the extra capitol next year.

On 1/20/2020 at 2:45 PM, Shashiaj70 said:

FYI.... I'm not a Tua fan! I'd rather wait until next year and use draft capital to chase Lawrence or Fields. So don't think it's because I am forcing that pick to MIA. :P I surely am not.... :) 

Finally someone that I agree with.  I think Tua is a heck of a player, but he does have injury concerns.    I think we need to use the Draft capital we got this year and rebuild our TEAM.  I agree that if Okudah is there at 5, we should consider him over the OT.  Then with the second pick we take the OT (Becton looks to still be there) or C (Biadasz  would be a nice pick up).  Then with the Third pick in Round 1 we can look at Gross-Matos to improve our D-Line. 

On 1/20/2020 at 2:45 PM, Shashiaj70 said:

Side note - I don't think an RB is going to be selected in R1, regardless of team and flexibility. People can say BPA, but I don't think it will happen. So, the run on RBs (again, no pun intended) will happen in R2. Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Etienne, Akers (mostly likely in that order). 

I also agree with you here.  Everyone seems to think that we had the worst rushing attack because of our RB, when in fact is was the O-Line that was the bigger problem.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 8:17 AM, INbengalfan said:

Question for you...  If the Dolphins lose out on Tua, do they start thinking about becoming sellers with their first rounders?

Not the top half of the draft. I agreed with TetsujinWe stay at #5 and get the likes of Okudah or Simmons. Sure we need OL, but those are top shelf blue chippers and instant upgrades. If we consider the idea of being sellers, that would be the bottom of the 1st. And I'm ok with that - to buffer next year's 1st round with a extra 2 or 3 +6/7 this year (not looking at chart just off the cuff). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shashiaj70 said:
On 1/21/2020 at 8:17 AM, INbengalfan said:

Question for you...  If the Dolphins lose out on Tua, do they start thinking about becoming sellers with their first rounders?

Not the top half of the draft. I agreed with TetsujinWe stay at #5 and get the likes of Okudah or Simmons. Sure we need OL, but those are top shelf blue chippers and instant upgrades. If we consider the idea of being sellers, that would be the bottom of the 1st. And I'm ok with that - to buffer next year's 1st round with a extra 2 or 3 +6/7 this year (not looking at chart just off the cuff). 

I agree.  I don't think they entertain moving down from #5 unless Burrow, Young, Okudah, and Simmons are gone and they don't like Tua and get a top ten this year, 1st next year and a second rounder this year or next.  Trading 18th or 26th could happen.