What if the Patriots drafted Mahomes instead of Brady

patriotsheatyan

5 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Ignoring that it is impossible, if Mahomes was available in 2000 and the Patriots took him instead of Brady, how would Mahomes have done and how would the Patriots have done?

Ummm...yeah. Why? Exactly?

5 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

We have had these threads about Manning and Rodgers before so why not the new top QB?

source.gif

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Kubler Ross. Been using this to gauge my current place in relation to this Astros scandal.

I'm actually in a modified "Acceptance", in that I'm in a place where I'm being as obnoxious as possible while reminding everyone that EVERYONE CHEATS YOU NAIVE LITTLE BOY!

Pretty sure "modified acceptance" is just boiler plate denial tbh.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Danger said:

Actually. Who's to say Patrick Mahomes is Patrick Mahomes without Andy Reid. He'd probably be a good QB, but let's be real here. Andy Reid is arguably the best QB whisperer of all time.

Everything you said here is incredibly inaccurate.  

Mahomes could have played under any coach in the league and still would have been outstanding.  He's a football prodigy.  

And, Bruce Arians is far better at scoping QB talent than Andy Reid is.  

10 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

And, Bruce Arians is far better at scoping QB talent than Andy Reid is.  

Oh, holy hell... No. 

Arians turned Carson Palmer around, but Reid made guys like Alex Smith, Kevin Kolb, Michael Vick and Donovan "I didn't know games could end in a tie" McNabb as passable.

Reid wins this in a resounding landslide.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Oh, holy hell... No. 

Arians turned Carson Palmer around, but Reid made guys like Alex Smith, Kevin Kolb, Michael Vick and Donovan "I didn't know games could end in a tie" McNabb as passable.

Reid wins this in a resounding landslide.

You are so wrong.  

Yes, Arians turned Palmer around for sure.  Palmer had his best years in Arizona with Bruce Arians.  He did the same for Manning, Roethlisberger, and Andrew Luck.  

Roethlisberger has not been able to find another coordinator that can write up play action to accommodate his passing game since Bruce Arians.  

He has an actual proven track record of making QBs better.  

Reid didn't make his guys any better.  

For Alex Smith, it was more of him going to a different team with a different system than it was about Reid.  

Michael Vick was on the latter half of his career, and his best years were with Atlanta.  

And, Donovan McNabb was a much better QB than you give him credit for.  

He is 13th all time for lowest career interception percentage.  McNabb was like an upgraded Randall Cunningham.  Great QB for his time.  

5 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

For Alex Smith, it was more of him going to a different team with a different system than it was about Reid.  

Fair. I forget, whose system was it?

5 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Michael Vick was on the latter half of his career, and his best years were with Atlanta.  

Incorrect.

6 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

And, Donovan McNabb was a much better QB than you give him credit for.  

He is 13th all time for lowest career interception percentage.  McNabb was like an upgraded Randall Cunningham.  Great QB for his time.  

Who was his coach during his best years?

• Like 1

Mahomes girlfriend isn't getting any modelling contracts..... So Pats would have been capped out for a long time and had difficulty fulling out their roster

On a side note, she should really think about pulling the goalie before Patrick gets paid and starts to wonder if the grass is greener.....

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm impressed with your progress. I've been in a form of "modified acceptance" of the 2015 NCAA title basketball game between Wisconsin and Duke for 5 years now with absolutely zero signs of emotional progress so far.

Has being a Wisconsin fan ever paid off?