What if the Patriots drafted Mahomes instead of Brady

patriotsheatyan

37 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

He wouldn't be vick, but he would struggle mightily. He'd be Cutler circa Denver Broncos. Same skillset outside the intangibles; the mental makeup. 

Mahomes without Reid is 60% the production which is prolly still good for top 8 active qbs. 

Lol, some of this Mahomes hate is hilarious. Dude is going down as an all timer. Sit back and enjoy the show. 

7 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

The Mahomes loves is much worse than the "hate". All timer based off 2 years? Slow down chief. All time is not 2 years.

"Dude is going down as an all timer" is not the same of me saying he is ALREADY an all timer. He's headed that way though. Too bad the Niners will have to humble him a bit on Sunday, but the kid will come back better and stronger! 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

"Dude is going down as an all timer" is not the same of me saying he is ALREADY an all timer. He's headed that way though. Too bad the Niners will have to humble him a bit on Sunday, but the kid will come back better and stronger! 

Maybe. But you could say that about alot of players who started off on fire and came back down to earth and levelled out around the median. Alot can happen either way and nothing is assured positively or negatively. 

On 1/27/2020 at 7:39 PM, Bearerofnews said:

Maybe. But you could say that about alot of players who started off on fire and came back down to earth and levelled out around the median. Alot can happen either way and nothing is assured positively or negatively. 

I was about ready to argue with you about that but then I looked at some numbers. For players in their first 31 starts, Mahomes has the best passer rating at 108.4. Very impressive, but then you see that 4 of the top 6 are QBs that didn't start games before 2017 (except for Garoppolo starting 2 in 2016) : http://pfref.com/tiny/MM0gJ

Right now I think that Mahomes is the best QB in the league, but considering how early it is in his career and how he has already missed games, it definitely remains to be seen whether he is destined to be an all-timer. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 12:41 PM, Danger said:

Mahomes in 2000, while good, would not seem as transcendentally good as he does now by comparison (by virtue of the era being played in). Who knows if he would have had the post season success Brady has had, but he probably would have been viewed in the same vein as Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 6:01 PM, Joe_is_the_best said:

Not that I would put child labor past Belichick, but this is silly.

Crazy, I say he would get 10 championship during the same time frame or more.

On 1/27/2020 at 3:39 PM, Bearerofnews said:

He wouldn't be vick, but he would struggle mightily. He'd be Cutler circa Denver Broncos. Same skillset outside the intangibles; the mental makeup. 

Mahomes without Reid is 60% the production which is prolly still good for top 8 active qbs. 

Agreed. Now if we put Tannehill in that time period. Watch out!