Outpost31

2020 Tight End Titillating Talk

17 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Then immediately drive 40 minutes to this complex where I’m doing some extra receiver training with this guy named Official D-Rob. That’s just his Twitter name. I don’t think I even know his first name because he just goes by D-Rob to everybody.

This sounds like a scam

On 3/27/2020 at 1:58 PM, MrBobGray said:

I've been kinda wondering why Jace's combine performance was so lackluster.  He doesn't pop a ton on film athletically, but he still looks like a better athlete than he tested.  But I see he showed up to the combine at 251, and watching his combine on youtube he looks like a guy that threw some weight on to look better on paper.  I'd be willing to bet he played more like 235-240 at A&M, and I think trying to up his weight to show as more of a true inline TE probably backfired.  Think he can probably play at that weight if he gains it as lean mass over a few years rather than bulking for the scale.  

Think the biggest thing for Jace is gonna be what he comes into camp at.  This body isn't gonna cut it at TE1, he really needs to get that lean mass up if they're gonna play him on the line at all.

hwx9xjaw3c8kxzjio8jh.jpg

Your post is senseless to me. Jace was drafted as a TE because eh is a TE. He can block and he can spread the field. WE will see if he has that "it" factor or if Deguara has that "it" factor. I like what I see for both so far.

18 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:
On 3/27/2020 at 2:58 PM, MrBobGray said:

I've been kinda wondering why Jace's combine performance was so lackluster.  He doesn't pop a ton on film athletically, but he still looks like a better athlete than he tested.  But I see he showed up to the combine at 251, and watching his combine on youtube he looks like a guy that threw some weight on to look better on paper.  I'd be willing to bet he played more like 235-240 at A&M, and I think trying to up his weight to show as more of a true inline TE probably backfired.  Think he can probably play at that weight if he gains it as lean mass over a few years rather than bulking for the scale.  

Think the biggest thing for Jace is gonna be what he comes into camp at.  This body isn't gonna cut it at TE1, he really needs to get that lean mass up if they're gonna play him on the line at all.

hwx9xjaw3c8kxzjio8jh.jpg

Your post is senseless to me. Jace was drafted as a TE because eh is a TE. He can block and he can spread the field. WE will see if he has that "it" factor or if Deguara has that "it" factor. I like what I see for both so far.

This response just epitomizes what's wrong with our world now. 

Poster 1 does a bit of research, looks back on some college tape and the combine footage, explains his findings and offers some solutions. 

Poster 2 says that's stupid, why would we try to look any deeper than the surface, an apple is an apple, we will see if it ends up being a good apple.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

more on Jace Sternberger via The Athletic

snippets from the q&A session

What’s a day like for you?

Man, today, wake up at 8, I have my (meal) ready. I hired a nutritionist/personal chef, so I got him cooking me my breakfast, three meals a day. So I eat breakfast at about 8:15, then I get on the body table and (body coach) Joe (Tofferi) works on my body. Then I go work out at 9:30. That takes about an hour. Get done, come home, eat, do OTAs, take notes. Then immediately drive 40 minutes to this complex where I’m doing some extra receiver training with this guy named Official D-Rob. That’s just his Twitter name. I don’t think I even know his first name because he just goes by D-Rob to everybody. But he’s worked with a lot of great receivers, so I’ve just been doing some extra with him and then get home about 3:30, 4. I asked for extra quizzes just to stay on top of the offense and try to learn it more and more and dissect the game just so I can try to be at an advantage. I had to take a quiz and then went over the wrong answers with one of my assistant coaches. Yeah, so pretty busy.

You mentioned the quizzes. Are they just playbook stuff or they can be about anything?

They can be about anything. As I said, I get extra quizzes just because I ask for them, so I just have to do more.

How much better of a blocker, both in the pass game and run game, would you say you are from when you first arrived in Green Bay?

Night and day.

What’s the biggest thing (tight ends coach Justin) Outten has taught you about blocking?

A lot of technique I’ve learned from Marcedes and Coach Outten. Just more reps at it and being able to focus on and understand it.

Not that I didn't expect him to honestly, but glad to hear he's putting work in on the body.  Hiring a nutrionist tells me he's serious about getting his body right before 2020 and I really do think it'll pay dividends.  He just catches the ball so naturally, every ounce of speed and quickness he can gain will play bigger for him than most.