2020 Tight End Titillating Talk

MacReady

I only saw a little of Moss this year, but he looks like about 2/3 of the developmental tight ends in the league...though he may actually be a tick slower.

Jace looked smoother and faster as a rookie, for a reference.  But, if he goes to the combine, it'll be interesting to see how he tests.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes. Because while one of them is hurt the other one will be healthy.  They’re both capable of being highly effective, and they’re going to cost a fraction of what equal value provides because of their injury history.  Same reward as signing someone like Henry/Hooper, but both would be on short deals and affordable.  Personally I feel like it’s time to just let the TE position die here and wait for an Aaron Jones type surprise hit.  We’ve tried solving this problem every single year for what seems like forever and we always get it wrong.  

TE for us is what Defense Against the Dark Arts is to Hogwarts.

We carry medicore TEs for years. It's not Defense Against the Dark Arts, it's History of Magic.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We carry medicore TEs for years. It's not Defense Against the Dark Arts, it's History of Magic.

It all started with Bubba Franks.  Finley gets hurt just as it’s coming together, Cool signs somewhere else, we’re cursed.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Andrew Quarless

Richard Rodgers.

Jared Cook

Martellus Bennett

Jimmy Graham

5 different starters over 5 years seems pretty relevant.  

Looking at who led the team in snaps by year:

2012: Finley

2013: Quarless

2014: Quarless

2015: Rodgers

2016: Rodgers

2017: Kendricks

2018: Graham

2019: Graham

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Looking at who led the team in snaps by year:

2012: Finley

2013: Quarless

2014: Quarless

2015: Rodgers

2016: Rodgers

2017: Kendricks

2018: Graham

2019: Graham

You just typed all of that out and you’re going to act like we’re not cursed at TE?  

Just now, Outpost31 said:

You just typed all of that out and you’re going to act like we’re not cursed at TE?  

You misunderstand me. Not saying we aren't cursed at Tight End.

I'm saying that our curse is not DADA Professor like in nature. Our TE curse is more of a Dead Sea Fruit kinda curse.

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You misunderstand me. Not saying we aren't cursed at Tight End.

I'm saying that our curse is not DADA Professor like in nature. Our TE curse is more of a Dead Sea Fruit kinda curse.

Season’s over so instantly you gotta start arguing how fitting an analogy is by pointing out snaps instead of starts?  You need to buy Madden.  

It is fitting.  If Voldemort could have guaranteed Lockhart for two years he would have been happy with the impact of his curse.  Just because Quarless has two years and Quirrel had one doesn’t mean it’s not an effective analogy.  You’re just a grumpy old coot.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Season’s over so instantly you gotta start arguing how fitting an analogy is by pointing out snaps instead of starts?  You need to buy Madden.  

It is fitting.  If Voldemort could have guaranteed Lockhart for two years he would have been happy with the impact of his curse.  Just because Quarless has two years and Quirrel had one doesn’t mean it’s not an effective analogy.  You’re just a grumpy old coot.

Madden is stupidly easy even on anything other than All-Madden if you have any experience reading coverages. And All-Madden isn't even all that fun because half the time you do everything exactly right and the game just cheats. 

And I disagree with your curse analogy, the curse of the DADA professorship was never about forcing bad DADA teachers. Lupin, Crouch Jr, and Snape were all competent teachers (when judged exclusively on their classroom performance, Lyncanthropy, attempted murder, and murder respectively make that a tough place to stand). The DADA curse was about never having a repeat professor.

If you're looking for a DADA curse example, look at #2 WR.  

40 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

That’s how most teams’ TE rosters look. 

You’re right, and I know that more than most the whole perspective thing because I complain about their complaints.  I just feel like we need to stop trying to fix what is a mediocre position.