BDL 2017 Week 2: Charleston Dingos @ Orlando Ospreys

Whicker

Charleston Dingos @ Orlando Ospreys  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Charleston Dingos
    • Orlando Ospreys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/20/2017 at 02:00 PM

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions

Charleston Dingos:

QB1: Phillip Rivers
RB1: Melvin Gordon
WR1: Golden Tate
WR2: Randall Cobb
WR3: Rishard Matthews
TE: Jimmy Graham
LT: Joe Staley
LG: Kelvin Beachum
C:  Mitch Morse
RG: John Miller
RT: Nate Solder

Bench:

QB2: Andy Dalton
FB: Andy Janovich
RB2: Demarco Murray
RB3: James White
TE2: Julius Thomas
WR4: Kenny Britt
OL6: A.Q Shipley
OL7: Donovan Smith

LDE: Derrick Morgan
3T:  Malik Jackson
DT:  Leonard Williams
RDE: Whitney Mercilus
WLB: Lavonte David
MLB: Myles Jack
CB1: Marcus Peters 
CB2: Stephon Gilmore
CB3: Brandon Carr
FS: Byron Jones
SS: Kenny Vacarro 

Bench:

SLB: Paul Poslusky
RLB: Thomas Davis
DE3: Noah Spence
DT3: Brandon Mebane
DT4: Johnathan Bullard
CB4: Ross Cockrell
CB5: Ricardo Allen
S3:  Micah Hyde

Orlando Ospreys

Offense

QB – Russell Wilson

RB – Carlos Hyde 

WR – Alshon Jeffrey 

WR – Martavis Bryant 

WR – Sterling Shepard

TE – Rob Gronkowski 

LT – Taylor Lewan 

LG – Clint Boling 

C – Travis Swanson 

RG – Ali Marpet 

RT – Lane Johnson 

Reserves

OG – Joel Bitonio

OT – Garrett Bolles

OT – DJ Humphries

RB – Alvin Kamara 

RB – Chris Carson

WR – Travis Benjamin

TE – Zach Miller

DE – Vic Beasley Jr. 

DT – Dontari Poe 

DT – Ndamukong Suh 

DE – Joey Bosa 

MLB – Bobby Wagner 

WLB – Danny Trevathan 

CB – Jalen Ramsey 

CB – James Bradberry

CB – Juston Burris 

FS – Tyrann Mathieu

SS – Keanu Neal

Reserves

DE – Markus Golden

DT – Danny Shelton

DT – Kenny Clark

CB – Kevin King

CB – Patrick Robinson

LB – Christian Kirksey

S – Rodney McLeod

S – TJ Ward

Charleston Offensive Strategy: 

The Passing Strategy: We'll throw the ball to Golden tate, Randall Cobb, Rishard Matthews quite a bit this week and attack Orlando's secondary. Kevin King is struggling as a rookie and we'll be attacking him quite a bit, We'll also throw the ball quite a bit to Jimmy Graham and use him in the redzone. We'll be using a using a quick short passing offense to get the ball out quickly to keep Orlando's D-line from getting to Rivers too quickly. We'll rotate our WRs to spread the ball around, Melvin Gordon will be featured heavily in the passing game as well. Rivers is playing on a high level right now and should be able to take what Orlando's secondary gives him and a bit more, my WRs/RBs/TEs should be able to get plenty of YAC and chunk yardage against a leaky Orlando secondary. Golden Tate will fill the role of our no.1 WR, Randall Cobb will play in the slot and be our no.2 WR. Rishard will come out in 3 wide sets, Jimmy Graham will get some snaps in the slot and we'll try and get him the ball in the end zone. We'll also use 2 TE sets with Juilius Thomas to force their defense into playing zone more often, We'll use 2 TE sets quite a bit in the Red zone. This offense will feature a variety of 3 Wide, 2 Back sets, 2 TE sets, Power running and I-form formations to keep Orlando's defense guessing.

The Running Strategy: We'll be running the ball with Murray and Gordon, they'll do the juking and Jigging and all of those twisty spin moves and what not to avoid tackles. They will run the ball well because I said so and they're elusive RBs who can make people miss and they're playing behind a good o-line and all that. My Blockers are good at not being Turnstiles, they pass protect very well for fat people. They can also run block well or so I've heard from people who watch their games. With Iupati out Beachum will take over his spot. Melvin Gordon will get most of the snaps but Murray will mix in to keep him fresh.

TDLR: 

Charleston Defensive Strategy: 

The Passing Strategy: Peters will Cover Jeffrey, Gilmore will cover Bryant, RIP Allen Robinson your knee ligaments will be missed. Brandon Carr will cover their 3rd WR and we'll cover their RBs/TEs with our safeties and Linebackers. We'll try to keep them out of the endzone and keep them from making plays, but you can only try so hard. Russell Wilson is a really good QB for being 5'10 and 3/4 he is mobile so we will have a LB/S tasked with spying on him to keep him from making massive plays with his legs. I will admit their line is much better than his IRL line and he should be pretty well protected, but he likes to run and extend plays which should allow my defense extra chances to illegally hit him. Gronk is a matchup nightmare but we'll try to cover him by doubling him in the end zone and jamming him at the LOS, we'll also make sure to take a few cheap shots here and there.

The Run Defense: Losing David Johnson+Allen Robinson in the same week sucks for Orlando, but it's great for me. We'll shut down their running game by staying in our gaps and playing good defense. We'll rotate our LBs and D-line as they need it, my defensive line is very good at getting after the QB and stopping the run. Brandon Mebane will play running downs at NT and play goaline defense, Noah Spence will rotate heavily to keep our DEs fresh and we'll play matchups as needed for my defense. Jack will start at MLB, David will play WLB and Davis/Puz will rotate with them as needed. 

TDLR: Play the Run, Control the LOS, Smash Wilson.

Orlando Ospreys

Offense

On offense we were dealt two major blows in the loss of Allen Robinson and David Johnson this week. To replace them we’ll have Carlos Hyde on the early downs with Alvin Kamara and Chris Carson in to spell him. At WR we move Alson back to his more natural outside position opposite of Martavis Bryant and bring in Sterling Shepard. Travis Benjamin will also spell on the outside giving us another deep threat to keep the defense honest. To attack this Charleston team we plan on using a lot of roll out plays with Russell Wilson and getting our RBs and Gronk very involved in the passing game. The intermediate routes and soft zones should be readily available. To keep these two safeties out of the box we plan on using a lot of vertical routes, the speed of our WRs should be a significant advantage against the CBs of Charleston.

Defense

After James Bradberry’s play last week he gets promoted to starting CB on the outside opposite Jalen Ramsey, the second round pick from a year ago is really showcasing his ability in man coverage. With the lack of a huge deep threat we plan on keeping the safeties lower to the line of scrimmage to crowd the intermediate passing game and keep the game in front of the D. Our CBs will play press coverage keeping volume pass catchers Tate, Cobb, and Matthews in front of them with the short yardage. Jimmy Graham and Melvin Gordon out of the backfield are their primary weapons and will be the main focus of Trevathan and Wagner. Our bread and butter will be out DL vs their OL. Their line is decent but only Joe Staley shows the ability to take out pass rushers on without help, Bosa and Beasley should feast on the edge with Suh and Poe collapsing the box from the middle. Rivers will be forced to make quick passes into a crowded middle of the field.

Psh, if my lineup moves and strategy writeups didn't kill the game I don't know what did. His plan of attack feeds right into my defensive strategy as well as attacking a guy who will be on the bench and his defensive strategy is focused on stopping the run keeping the passing game short while I blow the top off with roll outs and vertical routes.

15 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Psh, if my lineup moves and strategy writeups didn't kill the game I don't know what did. His plan of attack feeds right into my defensive strategy as well as attacking a guy who will be on the bench and his defensive strategy is focused on stopping the run keeping the passing game short while I blow the top off with roll outs and vertical routes.

Oh yeah because you'll totally beat my secondary deep. I have a top 3 secondary that will shut down your passing attack and keep Russell Wilson in check.

Plus Russel can't see over his lineman to go deep but whatever.

Charleston 17 – 14 Orlando

84F, Light Wind

Scoring Summary;

2nd Quarter

ORL        13:35    TD          Alshon Jeffery 2 yd. pass from Wilson (XP kick)                0-7

4th Quarter

CHA        14:13    TD          Melvin Gordon 22 yd. pass from Rivers (XP kick)              7-7

CHA        11:05    FG           FG 45 yds.           10-7

CHA        1:49       TD          James White 13 yd. run (XP kick)             17-7

ORL        0:49       TD          Carlos Hyde 13 yd. run (XP kick)               17-14

Key Stat Leaders;

Passing;

CHA: Phillip Rivers – 13/19, 173yds, 1TD, 0Ints

ORL: Russell Wilson – 17/25, 241yds, 1TD, 0Ints

Rushing;

CHA: Melvin Gordon – 18 car, 48yds

CHA: DeMarco Murray – 17 car, 45yds

ORL: Carlos Hyde – 17 car, 49yds, 1TD

ORL: Alvin Kamara – 7 car, 22yds

Receiving;

CHA: Melvin Gordon – 3 recs, 58yds, 1TD

CHA: Golden Tate – 3 recs, 33yds

ORL: Alshon Jeffery – 6 recs, 115yds, 1TD

ORL: Martavis Bryant – 3 recs, 39yds

Give me Orlando here. Their dline would go nasty and I love their safeties. I don't think the Charleston offense has enough juice to do much damage against that defense and while charleston has some good defensive players but there isn't a player on that team besides maybe peters who could cover gronk even with the doubling and jamming. And Peters is shadowing Alshon. Orlando wins with their defense and a slight advantage on O. 

Very tough match here, but I eventually decided to vote for Orlando. Gronk is, of course, the biggest difference maker in this game, and Charleston almost admits he can't really cover him. Because I prefer the defensive player in every other matchup here, I think Gronk's ability to keep the Orlando offense moving will be the difference.

Orlandos weapons facing off against a hobbled secondary make the difference. despite a strong Defensive front, Orlandos ol holds off charleston and lets Wilson make enough plays. On the flipside Orlandos d makes enough of a presence in the backfield to trouble Rivers and stunt the Charleston offense enough. Orlando 23 - Charleston 17.

Archived