Jump to content
ttitansfan4life

Titans DC Dean Pees Retires

Recommended Posts

Damnnnn...

Time to reshape the defense I guess with Pees and Coombs both gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

NO!!!

Honestly saw it coming. 

I asked Paul if any contracts were expiring for this purpose. 

Gave two years after retiring first time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder where Vrabel will pull from to fill this void. Any obvious links?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Wonder where Vrabel will pull from to fill this void. Any obvious links?

maybe luke fickell, but i doubt he'd go from college HC to pro DC. otherwise, your guess is as good as mine.

defense is gonna look very different next year, but i'm not too upset. it was good to have pees' experience around in vrabel's first years as a HC, but that time has passed. pees got a lot out of these players, but i'm hoping we can go young and aggressive with our next DC. we're a few pieces away from taking a big leap on defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure how i feel about this myself, but just to throw a name out there.....rex ryan? lives in nashville, has been vocal about his respect and admiration for vrabel. wonder if he'd want to get back into coaching. plus we'd likely be able to keep him for awhile, as i doubt he'd get another head coaching look too soon.

Edited by -Hope-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -Hope- said:

not sure how i feel about this myself, but just to throw a name out there.....rex ryan? lives in nashville, has been vocal about his respect and admiration for vrabel. wonder if he'd want to get back into coaching.

Wouldn't hate this idea either

Not a fan of the guy as a HC but was always a good Dc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -Hope- said:

not sure how i feel about this myself, but just to throw a name out there.....rex ryan? lives in nashville, has been vocal about his respect and admiration for vrabel. wonder if he'd want to get back into coaching.

His ego would not be a match at all with the way Robinson and Vrabel have built this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

His ego would not be a match at all with the way Robinson and Vrabel have built this team.

yeah, that's probably the biggest concern. but hey, maybe some time away from the game has mellowed him a bit lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, that's probably the biggest concern. but hey, maybe some time away from the game has mellowed him a bit lol.

I mean I’d love it. He’s help build some elite defenses and I’m fine with adding some swagger especially on the defensive side of the ball but I just can’t see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×