Titans DC Dean Pees Retires

ttitansfan4life

9 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Wonder where Vrabel will pull from to fill this void. Any obvious links?

maybe luke fickell, but i doubt he'd go from college HC to pro DC. otherwise, your guess is as good as mine.

defense is gonna look very different next year, but i'm not too upset. it was good to have pees' experience around in vrabel's first years as a HC, but that time has passed. pees got a lot out of these players, but i'm hoping we can go young and aggressive with our next DC. we're a few pieces away from taking a big leap on defense.

not sure how i feel about this myself, but just to throw a name out there.....rex ryan? lives in nashville, has been vocal about his respect and admiration for vrabel. wonder if he'd want to get back into coaching. plus we'd likely be able to keep him for awhile, as i doubt he'd get another head coaching look too soon.

Edited by -Hope-

Just now, -Hope- said:

not sure how i feel about this myself, but just to throw a name out there.....rex ryan? lives in nashville, has been vocal about his respect and admiration for vrabel. wonder if he'd want to get back into coaching.

Wouldn't hate this idea either

Not a fan of the guy as a HC but was always a good Dc

Just now, -Hope- said:

not sure how i feel about this myself, but just to throw a name out there.....rex ryan? lives in nashville, has been vocal about his respect and admiration for vrabel. wonder if he'd want to get back into coaching.

His ego would not be a match at all with the way Robinson and Vrabel have built this team.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

His ego would not be a match at all with the way Robinson and Vrabel have built this team.

yeah, that's probably the biggest concern. but hey, maybe some time away from the game has mellowed him a bit lol.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, that's probably the biggest concern. but hey, maybe some time away from the game has mellowed him a bit lol.

I mean I’d love it. He’s help build some elite defenses and I’m fine with adding some swagger especially on the defensive side of the ball but I just can’t see it.