Titans DC Dean Pees Retires

ttitansfan4life

Personally, I'm getting a little bit tired of hiring DCs that are on the brink of retirement. I'd like to either grab more of an upstart guy or a retread that has already had his shots as a HC and would theoretically stick around awhile. Rex Ryan would make sense, but like others have said, not sure his personality would mesh with Vrabs.

26 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Personally, I'm getting a little bit tired of hiring DCs that are on the brink of retirement. I'd like to either grab more of an upstart guy or a retread that has already had his shots as a HC and would theoretically stick around awhile. Rex Ryan would make sense, but like others have said, not sure his personality would mesh with Vrabs.

Hell no Rex to Rex he can’t make adjustments & blitz a lot. I want Wade Phillips I believe his father coached the oilers why not bring him home 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

34 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I would rather have an older guy. Better chance of retention. Than them leaving to be a head coach. 

Don't want a Lafluer situation. One and done. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingTitan said:

I would rather have an older guy. Better chance of retention. Than them leaving to be a head coach. 

Don't want a Lafluer situation. One and done. 

Exactly or hiring a position coach having to go through growing pains of inexperienced play calling, like art 

• Like 1

I think Bowen will be in the running or McKenzie from the staff.  I did wonder about Coach Mac. Being around this team the last two years he knows it in and out. Idk how I feel about him but it would be a fan favorite type of move just because the football perspective he gives the fans but who knows. It was just an outside of the box thinking. I thought of the same guys you all mentioned as well. 

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

Also, a huge thank you to Dean Pees. Honestly, for my money the best DC we've ever had here. Guys played so hard for him. Not going to be an easy coach to replace. Hope that he enjoys his retirement we were lucky to have him here.

I agree.  Defense was pretty dominant early in the year.  Then we lost nearly every corner we had and were running PS guys out there.  Predictably, we struggled.  But those game plans to stop Brady and Lamar on the road in the playoffs in back-to-back weeks?  Darn near flawless.

• Like 1