Titans DC Dean Pees Retires

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

It’s not that we don’t trust him, it’s that we’re built to win now, & don’t want to go throw growing pains of a 1st time play caller like we did wit art.. I’m tired of going 9-7 I want to go 11-5 or better next season & advance to the super bowl

I don't know how much of Arthur Smith was growing pains. Ryan Tannehill looked instantly better.

Bowen was with Vrabel in 2012 at OSU, 2016-2017 with the Texans, and then 2018-2019 Titans.

Vrabel probably has a pretty good idea of who he is and he has a good idea of the talent on the roster. He also has the same playbook Pees used last year for continuity.

I never expected an outside hire. Good teams train the people below them and promote from within. It's just not exciting as a fan.

I like a lot of what we do as an organization with Vrabel and Robinson. I do question them wanting to be a run-first team, but honestly that's probably a recency bias problem in my brain after seeing the first two playoff games as Tannehill averaged ~260 YPG in the regular season. Obviously we weren't just a running team and had a great all-around offense.

Still mad at them just trying to burn clock and punt to Mahommes at the end of the first half though.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Bowen was with Vrabel in 2012 at OSU, 2016-2017 with the Texans, and then 2018-2019 Titans.

Vrabel probably has a pretty good idea of who he is and he has a good idea of the talent on the roster. He also has the same playbook Pees used last year for continuity.

I never expected an outside hire. Good teams train the people below them and promote from within. It's just not exciting as a fan.

I like a lot of what we do as an organization with Vrabel and Robinson. I do question them wanting to be a run-first team, but honestly that's probably a recency bias problem in my brain after seeing the first two playoff games as Tannehill averaged ~260 YPG in the regular season. Obviously we weren't just a running team and had a great all-around offense.

Still mad at them just trying to burn clock and punt to Mahommes at the end of the first half though.

yeah, it wouldn't be a sexy hire but i wouldn't be upset. at this point i think we can safely say that vrabel and robinson have earned some benefit of the doubt. my only thing is i think you do want to at least see what bringing in some new blood would offer, lest the regime start to stagnate a bit, but i don't think that's a huuuuge concern in year 3 coming off an AFC championship appearance.

Edited by -Hope-