Titans DC Dean Pees Retires

ttitansfan4life

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Does Luke even want to coach?

No idea, just commenting on what the article posed. It wouldn't surprise me if he did though. He obviously still wants to play, but knows that's not a good idea for his mental health. He could get into coaching as a way to stay involved in the game and contribute more.

27 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Bettcher and Richard are the 2 names that intrigue me most right now. 

i wanted bettcher when we hired pees. his stint in NY was rough but it’s not like they’re exactly stacked with talent. i think he’d do well here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i wanted bettcher when we hired pees. his stint in NY was rough but it’s not like they’re exactly stacked with talent. i think he’d do well here.

Yeah, he did great during his time in ... ranked top 5 in D all 3 seasons or 2 of the 3 with the other being a top 10 finish.  Also ranked among the highest in blitz %... very aggressive, attacking defense.  And it was down to us and the Giants a couple of years ago... Vrabel's first and only target before he turned to Pees.  Maybe it'll be a connection the 2nd time around.  

He's also extremely flexible... would run numerous formations where the 5 guys near the LOS would consist of 1 DL and 4 LBs crowding the line, almost acting as interchangeable DL.  

Even after the failure in NY, I'd be very intrigued to pair him with Vrabel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Sounds like Vrabel will have full control of the defense.

Again would be an underwhelming hire similar to Smith. 

But can we think of the hire that is just outrageously bad?  He hasn't had to fire any coach. 

Coaches have left him to promotions. 

I'd trust his decision if he did go that route. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

This

It’s not that we don’t trust him, it’s that we’re built to win now, & don’t want to go throw growing pains of a 1st time play caller like we did wit art.. I’m tired of going 9-7 I want to go 11-5 or better next season & advance to the super bowl