Titans DC Dean Pees Retiring

dtait93

9 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Imagine having the number one offense in the league, going 14-2, having home field advantage, then putting up just 12 on this DC.

Yeah, the Ravens crapped the bed when we played. Really didn't have any thing to do with Pees. First time we faced his defense last year, with a clearly inferior team and Joe Flacco as our QB we demolished him. Turns out giving your starters almost a month off wasn't such a great idea after all.

7 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

This makes no sense just because he doesn't work well with 1 team which just so happens you are a fan of.  Doesn't mean he hasn't and didn't work great for another team that fits him better with better players that fit his scheme.   He done pretty well in Tennesee which is why most of their fans are going to miss him so theirs no reason to say they upgraded when they haven't even hired anyone yet to replace someone that actually did well for them even though he might not have done well for your team.   To me it sounds more like your still salty and whining that he and his titans defense man handled your team this year in the playoffs. 

You ask any Patriots fan how Dean Pees was for them and you'll get the exact same response from Ravens fans. He had several years here to find players that fit his scheme and routinely wet the bed at doing so. Even in our Superbowl year, the defense was ranked 24th overall or something like that - and that was with Ngata, Suggs, Ray and Ed along with Lardarius Webb and Jimmy Smith.

If by some miracle he did truly turn a corner, I suspect Vrabel played a huge part in that because it would be the only changing variable between NE, BAL and TEN. I'm salty the Ravens team we all saw in the regular season, the team that beat up on nearly every playoff team they faced didn't show up to the playoffs. It wasn't a situation where their defense straight up beat us while we were playing at our best. Ravens offense didn't show up when it mattered, and the coaches panicked and abandoned the game plan. However, like I said, we'll see them next year.

12 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Your team just got better, be happy about that. Don't worry, we'll see you next season.

Meh you sound like the Rams fans who never stop trying to tell us how much we're supposed to hate Marcus Peters. Us not liking Dean Pees doesn't mean it can't have worked out for him elsewhere. The Titans and Ravens both got DC's they were happy with out of us letting him go and promoting Wink. Nothing more that really needs to be said. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

That's not really saying much.  Your defense is usually very good.  :)

exactly for the ravens standards those defenses were not up to par and were the main reason we missed the playoffs for seasons in a row. for a mediocre franchise like tennessee i can see why they would be satisfied with him. people change too so i'm sure he changed things up schematically after he got canned from here.

14 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

exactly for the ravens standards those defenses were not up to par and were the main reason we missed the playoffs for seasons in a row. for a mediocre franchise like tennessee i can see why they would be satisfied with him. people change too so i'm sure he changed things up schematically after he got canned from here.

Ahh, bless your heart.

• Like 6

On 1/20/2020 at 1:45 PM, RavensDefense3 said:

this man was in charge of the most pathetic defenses in ravens history.

considering his last win was against the Ravens in the playoffs against """the greatest offense of all time""", I think it is safe to say he had the last laugh

• Like 3

As a Steeler fan, I will say I was disappointed when Pees left Baltimore.  Not because he was outright terrible, but because he was very inconsistent and too predictable, and it was funny watching Ravens fans freak out over one of his terrible gameplans.

Pees wasnt bad, just very flawed, and while I think he did a good job with the Titans, I think if he had been there much longer, they may have started to get annoyed with his faults more and more over time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

not sure why you're quoting me

You said he was responsible for the worst defense in ravens history, so I quoted you saying that he was responsible for holding the best ravens offense in history to 12 points in the playoffs. 

Sounds like the guy took a lot of heat from ravens fans at the time. Then he was able to come back and completely rip the hearts out of every Raven fan by holding """"the greatest offense in history"""" to 12 measly points 

That's what they call just desserts, ***** 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

As a Steeler fan, I will say I was disappointed when Pees left Baltimore.  Not because he was outright terrible, but because he was very inconsistent and too predictable, and it was funny watching Ravens fans freak out over one of his terrible gameplans.

Pees wasnt bad, just very flawed, and while I think he did a good job with the Titans, I think if he had been there much longer, they may have started to get annoyed with his faults more and more over time.

I think this is a very fair assessment. I still think it's hilarious that Pees' last win was dominating the unstoppable former team that now has so much ire for him.

7 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I think this is a very fair assessment. I still think it's hilarious that Pees' last win was dominating the unstoppable former team that now has so much ire for him.

And we can argue that you guys capitalized on our receivers making mistakes. Two drops which would likely have been touchdowns, and the story of how Dean Pees defense was so great would be different. Ravens unfortunately was often dealt the bad hand, where opposing teams had players making those catches which led to losses.

On 1/20/2020 at 5:06 PM, dtait93 said:

Pees’ defenses in NE from 2006-09 ranked 2nd, 4th, 8th, and 5th respectively in points allowed. From 2012 (first year with Ravens) to 2019 (final year with Titans) his defenses ranked 12th, 12th, 6th, 24th, 9th, 6th, 3rd, and 12th respectively in points allowed.

I would take this level of defensive production for my Falcons in a heartbeat and I wouldn't even question it (we've had a bottom 5 defense in the NFL in 3 of the last 6 seasons - 2014, 2016, 2018). Saints fans during their 7-9 seasons would worship this dude at the altar. I know Baltimore usually ends up having really good defenses, but some of us are not as privileged with competent defense as others are. Some of us are used to the idea that if you held the other team to 34 points, you had a good day on defense.

Edited by Hukos