Build Aaron Rodgers' Ideal Pass Catching Corps

incognito_man

1 minute ago, minnypackerfan said:

Get Brandon Pettigrew from Tampa Bay in free agency.  He has size, speed and upside.  Was really coming on in the last 4 or 5 weeks of the season.

I could be WAAAY off here. I think you mean Breshad Perriman?

Not Brandon Pettigrew TE of the Lions whos been out of the league for 4 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Get Brandon Pettigrew from Tampa Bay in free agency.  He has size, speed and upside.  Was really coming on in the last 4 or 5 weeks of the season.  And I don't think he'll break the bank.

Breshad Perriman?  Maybe .. might be a late bloomer worth taking a shot at.

• Like 1

Realistically if you're looking at this class:

Jeudy - Never gonna get near him.

Lamb - Maybe if you traded the second to go get him. Not seeing it.

Shenault - Probably going to have to trade up for him. Has played everything at Colorado, including some RB. Great YAC receiver. good route runner. Good hands. Probably only a 4.45 guy. 

Jefferson - Probably going to have to trade up for him. Played a bunch of X receiver, love the route running especially vertical. A little bit undersized, would be shocked if he weighed in over 200lbs. 

Ruggs - Might be available. If he runs a 4.25 40 at the combine he'll probably be out of reach. sub 6'0 and only about 190lbs. He's got a slot receiver body and a boundary receiver skillset. Not a great route runner, but his speed opens things up for him.

Higgins - Might be available. 6'4 216. Probably runs about a 4.50. Almost exclusively a boundary receiver. Good route runner, and good hands.

Reagor - Almost definitely available in 1. Trade up option in round 2. Sub 6'0 sub 200. Slot receiver body. 4.40 speed. Good route runner. Struggles against press.

Gabriel Davis - Might be available in round 2. 6'3 215lb guy. 4.50 speed. Really productive guy out of UCF. Good enough route runner to make things happen for him. Postseason all-star games will matter a lot for him.

Albert Okwuegbunam - Might be available in round 2. 6'5 250 4.60 guy. Move TE with enough size that he might be able to develop into a plus blocker. Really good athlete, needs some polish. I'll make the first Kittle comp of the offseason. The route running needs some work.

Lynn Bowden - Might be able to trade back in round 2. 6'1 200lb. Great natural athlete who ended up playing most of last year at QB.  Is a more natural slot receiver than a guy routinely asked to go vertical but he can do both. Excellent YAC guy. Route running isn't great, but there's a lot of potential there.

Brandon Aiyuk - Hard to get  a read on this dude coming out of the ASU offense. 6'1 205lb, good wheels probably a 4.45 guy. Decent enough run route runner. Not sure he has the skillset to standout.

Kendrick Rodgers- Haven't watched yet.

Antonio Gandy-Golden - Could be anywhere from a 2nd to a 4th round pick. 6'4 220lb dude might be a 4.50 guy. Playing at Liberty now which makes him tough to evaluate. Route running isn't elite.

Cole Kmet - Only watched the TV feed live a couple times. He's good.

Tyler Johnson - Really like him off the TV feed. Can't get off the press. Slot receiver only, but he'll probably be a damn good one.

Jared Pinkney - Seems good off the one Purdue game I watched off TV.

Colin Johnson - Don't like him. Slow as hell.

Tarik Black - Really don't trust the hands.

Hunter Bryant - Haven't watched him.

KJ Hill - Really like him as a third round pick.

Bryan Edwards - Haven't watched him yet.

Michael Pittman - Like Pittman a lot as a mid round pick.

Quartney Davis - Haven't watched him yet.

Stephen Guidry - Haven't watched him yet.

Adam Trautman - Haven't watched him yet.

Marquez Callaway - Only watched him on TV. Didn't really stand out.

Trishton Jackson - Haven't watched him yet.

Quintez Cephus - 6'1 205 4.55 40 guy. Really good at finding the ball in the air. Pretty good route runner. Solid hands. Really like him as a 4th round pick. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Klone1 said:

I think Cephus is going to be a legit starter. He does everything well and I don't see how he's projected to go in the 4th or 5th right now. I think he should be a day 2 pick

Not huge. Not fast. Not elite production. Not a guy who's played in the slot. Has a playset that doesn't match his physical skillset. 

I do think he's going to be a good player, but look at the rest of that class.