Build Aaron Rodgers' Ideal Pass Catching Corps

incognito_man

15 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Once again, we know Rodgers sucks, we know.  The whole team sucked against the 49ers ... twice. They have the Packers number, period. Nothing wrong with the Rodgers ranting every month. Keep the string going..

Except the whole team didn't suck.

What was the rest of the offense doing that was bad against the 49ers? 

I keep seeing this nonsense posted. The offense scored 0 points and basically had only one guy dragging it down. The whole team pretty much did suck against the 49ers the first time. The second time the offensive line handled business, and the receivers were more than good enough. 

Hey cool, another thread about a position that isn't QB, but dumps on our QB.

Id be interested to see if we pursue Gabriel due to his LaFleur connections. I don't like this "big slot" thing we tried. You either move a stud like Adams to the slot occasionally so that he can exploit the open grass that gives you or you put a Cobb/Gabriel/Edelman type in there with short area burst and fluidity that can quickly separate.

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Id be interested to see if we pursue Gabriel due to his LaFleur connections. I don't like this "big slot" thing we tried. You either move a stud like Adams to the slot occasionally so that he can exploit the open grass that gives you or you put a Cobb/Gabriel/Edelman type in there with short area burst and fluidity that can quickly separate.

Cole Beasley was that option last off sesson.

Gabriel would be a good option this offseason

37 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

How many of the undersized dudes have any vertical skills?

That slot guy's ability to run vertically is becoming more and move vital against the most common defenses. 

Don't think those slot receiver types are Aaron's ideal targets.  Evidence is there to suggest that Rodgers does not like those small catch radius receivers. 

2016:

Cobb - 3.4 yards of separation per target.
Adams - 2.9 yards of separation per target.
Nelson - 2.7 yards of separation per target.
Cobb - 84 targets
Adams - 121 targets
Nelson - 152 targets

2017:

Cobb - 3.7 yards of separation per target.
Adams - 2.8 yards of separation per target.

This is more or less the same all the way to 2019. 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How many of the undersized dudes have any vertical skills?

That slot guy's ability to run vertically is becoming more and move vital against the most common defenses. 

Rotate Adams or your move TE to the slot, any slot we add will not play there exclusively. Adams ability to win out of there is too valuable not to use. Hoping Sterny or Tonyan also develop the ability to stretch the seam from there. 

How much did Sanu in ATL or GMo here or Kupp in LA stretch the field vertically? Kupp a little bit but not his best skill, you rotate other guys in there. I prefer a true slot skillset to these big guys.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Don't think those slot receiver types are Aaron's ideal targets.  Evidence is there to suggest that Rodgers does not like those small catch radius receivers. 

2016:

Cobb - 3.4 yards of separation per target.
Adams - 2.9 yards of separation per target.
Nelson - 2.7 yards of separation per target.
Cobb - 84 targets
Adams - 121 targets
Nelson - 152 targets

2017:

Cobb - 3.7 yards of separation per target.
Adams - 2.8 yards of separation per target.

This is more or less the same all the way to 2019. 

We ran both Nelson and Adams out of the slot too. Also Cobb played 13 games in 2016, left two of them early I believe with injury.

Rodgers doesn't like RBs, rookies, TEs, slot WRs, bleh bleh bleh.

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How many of the undersized dudes have any vertical skills? That slot guy's ability to run vertically is becoming more and move vital against the most common defenses. 

Rumor has it...not sure where I picked it up.....that our QB sucks throwing it deep. So, might as well fill up the 15-30yd area.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers doesn't like RBs, rookies, TEs, slot WRs, bleh bleh bleh.

I don't have the energy to get into it, but you know it's true.  Every.  Single.  Game.  We.  Struggle.  In.  Rodgers.  Refused.  To.  Move.  The.  Ball.  By.  Throwing.  To.  Open.  Receivers.  And.  Took.  Sacks.  Or.  Threw.  The.  Ball.  Away.  Putting.  Us.  Behind.  In.  Down.  And.  Distance.

You know it's true and I'm sick of arguing it with you.  Our offense thrives when he plays in it and forces a defense to cover the entire field. 

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rotate Adams or your move TE to the slot, any slot we add will not play there exclusively. Adams ability to win out of there is too valuable not to use. Hoping Sterny or Tonyan also develop the ability to stretch the seam from there. 

How much did Sanu in ATL or GMo here or Kupp in LA stretch the field vertically? Kupp a little bit but not his best skill, you rotate other guys in there. I prefer a true slot skillset to these big guys.

So looking at the bold, why would we then go after an undersized "slot-guy"?

Rodgers doesn't throw the inside slant to anybody, even Adams most of the time. If you're going to accept that limitation, why would you then draft a guy whose best strength is going to be that and be limited everywhere else?