Build Aaron Rodgers' Ideal Pass Catching Corps

incognito_man

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Hey cool, another thread about a position that isn't QB, but dumps on our QB.

Id be interested to see if we pursue Gabriel due to his LaFleur connections. I don't like this "big slot" thing we tried. You either move a stud like Adams to the slot occasionally so that he can exploit the open grass that gives you or you put a Cobb/Gabriel/Edelman type in there with short area burst and fluidity that can quickly separate.

Fwiw, Cobb reportedly took his GB house off the market.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Once again, we know Rodgers sucks, we know.  The whole team sucked against the 49ers ... twice. They have the Packers number, period. Nothing wrong with the Rodgers ranting every month. Keep the string going..

Yeah, the nonsense/hate is pathetic. Oh well, miserable people gotta be miserable.

The facts are Rodgers was real good in the playoffs. He was great against Seattle an uneven against the 9ers. He had about five bad plays and was careless with the ball, which of course he normally never is. It was kinda like a Favre game.

Get him another good receive, hopefully a vertical threat, and the passing game will be much better.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

AR likes wrs he can trust. The only player on the market who can still kind of play is Randall Cobb. I’m pro a reunion and then a swing at a high upside rookie round 2.

Emmanuel Sanders. I'll keep saying it, the guy would be perfect in GB. Precisely the fit we need for a team with basically a 1-2 year window to win it all. 

Give me Sanders plus a day 2 rookie and we're set. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So looking at the bold, why would we then go after an undersized "slot-guy"?

Rodgers doesn't throw the inside slant to anybody, even Adams most of the time. If you're going to accept that limitation, why would you then draft a guy whose best strength is going to be that and be limited everywhere else?

I'm not going to live in the "Rodgers doesn't do this world" because frankly I think it's stupid. I want a guy that can separate quickly on 3rd and intermediate to short plays where we usually see heavy pressure. I'm going to build a group best for any QB, and if he's decided he's only going to play a certain way and not use it, then I'll be getting 22m of cap space after 2021 and my next QB will have that skillset at his disposal. I personally think our QB wants a ring so he's going to do what it takes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm not going to live in the "Rodgers doesn't do this world" because frankly I think it's stupid. I want a guy that can separate quickly on 3rd and intermediate to short plays where we usually see heavy pressure. I'm going to build a group best for any QB, and if he's decided he's only going to play a certain way and not use it, then I'll be getting 22m of cap space after 2021 and my next QB will have that skillset at his disposal. I personally think our QB wants a ring so he's going to do what it takes. 

Like he did this year?

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Except the whole team didn't suck.

What was the rest of the offense doing that was bad against the 49ers? 

I keep seeing this nonsense posted. The offense scored 0 points and basically had only one guy dragging it down. The whole team pretty much did suck against the 49ers the first time. The second time the offensive line handled business, and the receivers were more than good enough. 

Yah they did, especially the run defense.  It wasn't going to happen regardless ... 49ers were the worst possible matchup for the Packers in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Where he took arguably the best offensive line in the league and two pro bowl skill players (I'm counting Aaron Jones) to the 15th best offense in the league?

Yup, not his best year, needs to get back that deep ball, but outside of the state of Cali, he played well enough to win it all.

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Yah they did, especially the run defense.  It wasn't going to happen regardless ... 49ers were the worst possible matchup for the Packers in the NFL.

The rest of the offense was just fine. Played pretty damn well even. This wasn't a game where the receivers weren't open or the line failed him. This was a game where Rodgers ******* collapsed under pressure. 

The run defense played like crap, but the CBs, the Smiths, Clark, even Martinez all played fine. The coaching staff let down guys. 

26 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't have the energy to get into it, but you know it's true.  Every.  Single.  Game.  We.  Struggle.  In.  Rodgers.  Refused.  To.  Move.  The.  Ball.  By.  Throwing.  To.  Open.  Receivers.  And.  Took.  Sacks.  Or.  Threw.  The.  Ball.  Away.  Putting.  Us.  Behind.  In.  Down.  And.  Distance.

You know it's true and I'm sick of arguing it with you.  Our offense thrives when he plays in it and forces a defense to cover the entire field. 

We agree with you when he passes the ball around the Packers are at their best.  Nobody disputes that ... nobody.  You are sick of arguing about it - not sure who you are arguing with or why.  Really, everybody gets it.