Jump to content
incognito_man

Build Aaron Rodgers' Ideal Pass Catching Corps

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

And just who might that be? 

That's Jack Nicklaus. He is America's favorite senior golf player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still can't help but wonder how big a difference EQ would have made.  He's a very plus blocker so we don't lose anything there, but a better athlete than Kumerow and a much more polished receiver than MVS.  A three man front of EQ, Lazard and Adams isn't a bad group at all if EQ takes the year 1 - 2 jump.  Couple of big bodies that can sink their hips and a guy you can't cover off the line.  Probably still not a great receiving corps but feel it would have been a lot more consistently productive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

That's Jack Nicklaus. He is America's favorite senior golf player.

I meant who was the guy they tried to get at the trade deadline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love Ebron and Robby as much as the next guy, but I'm not sure how realistic either or both are.

What Gute really needs to do is target at least 1-2 high-upside, low risk fliers at WR and then supplement with the draft (if we can get a stud FA awesome-- I'm just saying this needs to be the bare minimum in terms of FA moves at WR). 

 

UFAs 

Rashard Higgins 

Tajae Sharpe 

Both have been buried on depth charts and/or lost in anemic passing offenses. 

 

I'd also watch the following RFAs: 

Tim Patrick 

David Moore 

Keelan Cole 

 

If any of those players aren't tendered or tendered at the original round I'd consider any of them. 

 

Gute needs to do more than add 1 WR in FA. They don't all have to be bona fide studs, but it would be nice to add some pieces that could be dependable #2 or #3 options--- and I think all of those guys are capable of 600+ yards in this offense. I mean, Aaron Jones was 4 yards away from being #2 in receiving yards behind Adams--- that certainly needs to change. 

Also if Marquise Goodwin gets cut (and he will)... and he still wants to play. He could really help stretch the field for pennies on the dollar opposite Adams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 9:45 PM, skibrett15 said:

MVS is the only one who was expected by anyone outside of the GB fanbase to do anything this year.  In the building, there had to be no expectations for kumerow, and low expectations for Allison.

 

 

Did anyone outside of GB fans and staff have any expectations about MVS?  I remember last year some of us were intrigued by EBS too.   EBS might end up being the better of the two but we won't know until next season.   We should be more disappointed with Allison than anything.  Don't be surprised if he is cut MM doesn't come calling in Dallas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Did anyone outside of GB fans and staff have any expectations about MVS?  I remember last year some of us were intrigued by EBS too.   EBS might end up being the better of the two but we won't know until next season.   We should be more disappointed with Allison than anything.  Don't be surprised if he is cut MM doesn't come calling in Dallas. 

MVS is a huge disappointment. I think Gute clearly was counting on him to continue his solid rookie play and become a key contributor.  The guy shat the bed.  There were a few comments this year from LaFleur about practice habits, and Rodgers quickly lost confidence in him this year after relying on him much more as a rookie.  Year three will tell the tale .. I wouldn't count on him being anything more than a #3 or #4.  Outside chance he doesn't even make the team next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pugger said:

Did anyone outside of GB fans and staff have any expectations about MVS?  I remember last year some of us were intrigued by EBS too.   EBS might end up being the better of the two but we won't know until next season.   We should be more disappointed with Allison than anything.  Don't be surprised if he is cut MM doesn't come calling in Dallas. 

Don't have to cut Allison. His contract is done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I half wonder if MVS's struggles were in part due to an injury that didn't keep him off the field, but did keep him from being effective.   A la Davante in 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to be that guy and I know this has next-to-no chance of actually happening, but *if* by chance the Cowgirls let Cooper hit the market (and I do realize it's a very remote chance, but you never know with both Dak AND Amari's contract situations), should we go all in on him? 

Adams and Cooper would be one HELL of a receiver duo. A-Rodg would have to be licking his chops at that point. Plus Sternberger may have shown enough flashes to where we can afford to gamble with him as our starter at TE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I half wonder if MVS's struggles were in part due to an injury that didn't keep him off the field, but did keep him from being effective.   A la Davante in 2015.

How long are we going to do this though? It's been a few years now of "well maybe they will develop more next year." Just my opinion, but MVS had all the chances he could ask for this year - started the year as the #2 behind a top 10 WR who draws a ton of attention, a few weeks as the presumed #1 when Davante was hurt... And he did zero with his opportunities. I'd be happy to have him as our #4 or #5 WR next year, but that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Hoodie89 said:

How long are we going to do this though? It's been a few years now of "well maybe they will develop more next year." Just my opinion, but MVS had all the chances he could ask for this year - started the year as the #2 behind a top 10 WR who draws a ton of attention, a few weeks as the presumed #1 when Davante was hurt... And he did zero with his opportunities. I'd be happy to have him as our #4 or #5 WR next year, but that's it.

Generally you don't give up on a player after his second year. 

 

I'm also not sure you can make the argument in good faith that MVS got a bunch of chances. 

Through Week 4 he was at: 16/28 217 yards/1 TD. Extrapolated out over 16, that's 64/112/868/4

Then he didn't get the flag at the end of the Eagles game, resulting in a game losing INT and Rodgers decided they weren't friends anymore. 

In Weeks 5/18 he was at 11/29 243 yards/1 TD. 

He never saw more than 4 targets in a game except for the final Detroit game where Rodgers:

  • Overthrew him on a wheel route
  • Threw behind him on a slant
  • Threw one to him while covered that got deflected
  • Thew a completion to him wide open on a 3 yard out route. 
  • Completely misread a coverage and threw it out of bounds
  • Overthrew him on a post route
  • Threw a completion on a wide open drag route. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Generally you don't give up on a player after his second year. 

 

I'm also not sure you can make the argument in good faith that MVS got a bunch of chances. 

Through Week 4 he was at: 16/28 217 yards/1 TD. Extrapolated out over 16, that's 64/112/868/4

Then he didn't get the flag at the end of the Eagles game, resulting in a game losing INT and Rodgers decided they weren't friends anymore. 

In Weeks 5/18 he was at 11/29 243 yards/1 TD. 

He never saw more than 4 targets in a game except for the final Detroit game where Rodgers:

  • Overthrew him on a wheel route
  • Threw behind him on a slant
  • Threw one to him while covered that got deflected
  • Thew a completion to him wide open on a 3 yard out route. 
  • Completely misread a coverage and threw it out of bounds
  • Overthrew him on a post route
  • Threw a completion on a wide open drag route. 

 

 

ah, Rodgers didn't do much in the last game vs Detroit until the very end.  That being said, there will be other WR's coming to town during the off season via draft and free agency.  MVS will have one last chance to show what he can do in preseason but that window of opportunity for him was this year.  He's going to have to step up or step out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×