Build Aaron Rodgers' Ideal Pass Catching Corps

incognito_man

13 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If you took away Brett Favre’s worst postseason game and took away Aaron’s best postseason game and gave Favre’s second best postseason game To Rodgers and gave Aaron’s second worst postseason game to Favre, then subtracted only like two more interceptions from Favre, Rodgers is worse than Favre at turning the ball over in the playoffs.

Hmmm.

If my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If you took away Brett Favre’s worst postseason game and took away Aaron’s best postseason game and gave Favre’s second best postseason game To Rodgers and gave Aaron’s second worst postseason game to Favre, then subtracted only like two more interceptions from Favre, Rodgers is worse than Favre at turning the ball over in the playoffs.

That's a whole lot of giving and taking not to mention the if's and buts to try proving Rodgers is worse than Farve.   Liked it better when you were ripping him in real games/situations.    

Just now, coachbuns said:

That's a whole lot of giving and taking not to mention the if's and buts to try proving Rodgers is worse than Farve.   Liked it better when you were ripping him in real games/situations.    

It was a joke you humorless grump.  The clearest most obvious joke in the history of time. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Not when you’re comparing a QB who is allegedly the best at protecting the football since the football was oval and the man widely regarded as the worst at it.

People really are bored aren't they. There's few reasons I would imagine.

1. Playoff games are against better teams so are probably closer. If Rodgers is confident we can win a regular season game without taking undue risks then its inherently sensible to play within yourself to an extent to get the job done without taking major risks. Against better teams in the playoffs then that isn't the case and you have to take more chances. The 49ers interception was a good example - it was a horrible throw but it was looking like every time 49ers got the ball they would get 7 points and take time off the clock. Rodgers probably felt like he had to do something so made a panic throw he wouldn't do normally.

2. Most importantly - the sample size is basically statistically irrelevant and makes it a bit silly to start comparing average interception figures.

Can we not talk about fixing the receivers, it really doesn't matter who is better of the two of them even if it is a more sensible debate than reading about Mr. Green's declaration of war against Rodgers.

I had an epiphany. Several mocks had Tee Higgins falling to us at #30. Us getting Higgins and signing Hooper/Hunter would/could be the perfect situation for us. He's as close to an A.J. Green clone as anyone in this class and while it's not likely he'll be there at #30, several of the latest mocks I've read give me a glimmer of hope. We could maybe, just MAYBE start thinking elite offense again with that haul.

Then again, Jace showed enough in limited action to where I think we could afford to take the gamble on him and save the cap space.