Build Aaron Rodgers' Ideal Pass Catching Corps

incognito_man

18 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You want undrafted guys. Rodgers likes it when guys exceed their expectations (this year's Lazard, two years ago MVS, three years ago Allison) and then stops throwing to them once the expectation is reset. 

maybe we can draft guys who broke their leg but were super talented and undergo a risky medical procedure to shorten their calf muscles to theoretically increase their jumping ability

17 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

Get Brandon Pettigrew from Tampa Bay in free agency.  He has size, speed and upside.  Was really coming on in the last 4 or 5 weeks of the season.  And I don't think he'll break the bank.

is this a joke?  Isn't that dude like 35 years old and out of the league?

nvr mind, saw what you meant.  Perriman is nice if he's cheap.

Edited by skibrett15
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

lets go get Amari cooper

Spotrac Market Value info:

Current Contract
Free Agent: 2020
Avg. Salary: $5,665,779
NFL Rank: 332
WR Rank: 45

Market Value
5 yrs, $98,589,580
Avg. Salary: $19,717,916
NFL Rank: 24
WR Rank: 2

You think he's worth 19.7M a year?

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Spotrac Market Value info:

Current Contract
Free Agent: 2020
Avg. Salary: $5,665,779
NFL Rank: 332
WR Rank: 45

Market Value
5 yrs, $98,589,580

we can structure it better than that

go look for michael gallup.  Smaller school big production not a huge person but not 5'8" either.  That's the best receiver for Rodgers.

I would still like to test the theory that any player who comes to GB and plays with rodgers will be significantly better than they were on another team.

Cobb is the closest thing to looking like he is capable of playing good football after leaving GB, so is the converse true?  If we got even an average outside WR would they be a star here?

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

True. We can slice the pie up in a number of ways.....signing bonuses, guaranteed moneies....but do you feel he's worth the overall value? The #2 WR in the NFL? They're saying thats his market. Do you agree? Is his "on the field" worth - worth that to GB?

Edited by Leader

6 minutes ago, Malfatron said:
10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Market Value
5 yrs, $98,589,580

But can you? The avg is still going to be $19m and the gtd will still be top 3 for a WR ever. There might be a lower year 1 cap hit but the contract is still going to be huge

Just now, JBURGE said:

But can you? The avg is still going to be $19m and the gtd will still be top 3 for a WR ever. There might be a lower year 1 cap hit but the contract is still going to be huge

Right. You can affect the AAV - but the organizations gonna be on the hook for the overall somehow / someday.

So....we're supposed to go get three dudes in FA and draft another four in the draft? C'mon. Perriman, if available, is really the only guy in FA we should even sniff. We have a strong WR in this next draft class and ESB coming off an injury. Let's pump the brakes on this one a bit; especially because we all remember the 15-1 year where we choked at home because of how bad our front-7 was post Cullen Jenkins.

Gute apparently tried to trade for Robby Anderson earlier this year. Gute doesn't strike me as a rental type of guy, so I am guessing that would have been a trade with long term ideas. Anderson is now a FA, fresh off his rookie deal. 6'-3" 190lbs - 52 catches for 779 and 5 TD's with some bad QB play in NY. Instantly makes Lazard the #3 where he can better succeed.  WR problems solved. I don't know what his market value is, but this might be a perfect fit that has legs.

Is he gonna get $10m per ? He can room with Billy Turner

AND460305.png

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

In recent years for whatever reason it seemed we have prioritised height over speed at WR. Allison, Lazard, EQ, MVS, Kumerow, and many various UDFAs who we brought in for a look - only MVS out of that group had genuine speed.  I'm not sure why we moved away from smaller,  quick and shifty receiver types in the Adams, Jennings, Cobb, Jones, Driver mold that Rodgers had so much success with.  Nelson was an outlier not the norm but instead it looked like we tried to find more Nelson types instead of Jenning types. I hope Gute will re-adjust our WR recruitment strategy for FA and the draft.