To trade or not to trade that is the question?

santiagomn8

So I have been thinking about what we can/should do this offseason. Yup this is full offseason mode at this point smh lol. Anyway I was thinking of possible trades that involve players. Wanted to see what you guys think of you guys have any ideas of potential trades. The only rule for this is the trade must involve a player either by us or from the other team or both.

ill start

ravens trade a 2nd, 4th and Hayden Hurst for Jamal Adams.

Now I know we have Earl, Clark, Elliot but Adams is a different animal bringing him in makes our secondary ELITE. With Earl/Clark Adams Humphrey Peters Smith Young that’s just not fair. It allows Earl to play deep which is his strength and Adams to make plays all over ala Polamalu. Then we go all out in the draft and free agency to address the pass rush and add a least one weapon for Lamar and I think we are ready to go

8 hours ago, santiagomn8 said:

So I have been thinking about what we can/should do this offseason. Yup this is full offseason mode at this point smh lol. Anyway I was thinking of possible trades that involve players. Wanted to see what you guys think of you guys have any ideas of potential trades. The only rule for this is the trade must involve a player either by us or from the other team or both.

ill start

ravens trade a 2nd, 4th and Hayden Hurst for Jamal Adams.

Now I know we have Earl, Clark, Elliot but Adams is a different animal bringing him in makes our secondary ELITE. With Earl/Clark Adams Humphrey Peters Smith Young that’s just not fair. It allows Earl to play deep which is his strength and Adams to make plays all over ala Polamalu. Then we go all out in the draft and free agency to address the pass rush and add a least one weapon for Lamar and I think we are ready to go

We'd go to jail for robbery in that trade scenario.

27 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

We'd go to jail for robbery in that trade scenario.

I believe the Jets wanted two 1. round picks for Adams, so I doubt getting him is an option. Other than that I am not a fan of trading away picks and a player for a position where we don't have a need. 

I believe Wink could make Adams work in the defense and for most of the time have Clark, Thomas and Adams on the field, but I would still prefer us using those draft picks to find edge and WR and keep Hurst as the utility tool he can be in this offense.

4 hours ago, Danand said:

I believe the Jets wanted two 1. round picks for Adams, so I doubt getting him is an option. Other than that I am not a fan of trading away picks and a player for a position where we don't have a need. 

I believe Wink could make Adams work in the defense and for most of the time have Clark, Thomas and Adams on the field, but I would still prefer us using those draft picks to find edge and WR and keep Hurst as the utility tool he can be in this offense.

This is crazy. I know it's crazy because I love Humphrey. Do you dangle him to the Jets in exchange for Adams. Very Madden esque but Marlon did have some negative things to say about the coaching staff 

I don't think this ever happens but it's an interesting thought.

Re-sign Jimmy Smith

Re-sign Brandon Carr

Peters, Young, Smith, Carr, Inman. 

I'll reiterate, this is just a thought. I love Marlon. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel

A different Jets angle I'd throw out:

Let's bring CJ Mosley home (sans signing bonus) for a mid round (say 4th) pick.

Its up in the air whether all of the Jets org was behind the signing in the first place. On our side, the LB position killed us too much. DeCosta and Douglas can make this right on both sides. We can give them the comp pick we got for losing him and focus on winning now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

A different Jets angle I'd throw out:

Let's bring CJ Mosley home (sans signing bonus) for a mid round (say 4th) pick.

Its up in the air whether all of the Jets org was behind the signing in the first place. On our side, the LB position killed us too much. DeCosta and Douglas can make this right on both sides. We can give them the comp pick we got for losing him and focus on winning now.

I believe Mosley was signed before Douglas took over too. So he probably has no strings attached to that signing/contract. I'm not sure how a roster bonus works in terms of trades but C.J. is guaranteed $16 million this upcoming season, and an additional $1.5 million prorated for New York's cap purposes. His signing bonus was only $7.5 million. Still really expensive. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

On our side, the LB position killed us too much.

An off the street Josh Bynes played far better for us(frequently)- than Mosley did in recent years. With worse talent around him in the front of our defense too. Mosley is incredibly overrated, overpaid, and his injury rate grows worse and worse. Hard pass on all fronts.

Unless you have a Lewis, Kuechly, or Wagner hanging around. There's ZERO reason to throw big money at an off ball LB. I think we'll resign Bynes cheap, probably sign another Vet, let Peanut go obviously, then draft another body and see if Alaka/Board can continue to make good on our UDFA ILB tradition.

Chuck Clark manning the green dot gives us such flexibility, and creating a specialized LB core is the only path to take.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

An off the street Josh Bynes played far better for us(frequently)- than Mosley did in recent years. With worse talent around him in the front of our defense too. Mosley is incredibly overrated, overpaid, and his injury rate grows worse and worse. Hard pass on all fronts.

Unless you have a Lewis, Kuechly, or Wagner hanging around. There's ZERO reason to throw big money at an off ball LB. I think we'll resign Bynes cheap, probably sign another Vet, let Peanut go obviously, then draft another body and see if Alaka/Board can continue to make good on our UDFA ILB tradition.

Chuck Clark manning the green dot gives us such flexibility, and creating a specialized LB core is the only path to take.

I think this is the way to go, especially with this LB class. While there are some options, I don't see that unicorn 3-down linebacker that can do it all. Jacob Phillips and Marcus Bailey are the cerebral, sound players in the middle of a defense I would like us to look at, but neither are types that fly around the field. They are players to build around though, and with Winks ability to rotate, I hope that is how we prioritize it.

If we let go of/lose Judon and Pierce, we could essentially need 3 starters on the front 7. 

• Like 1

I doubt Patriots wants to part ways with their playcaller and leader on defense. For what it is worth, I don't think they did him any favors when they sometimes assigned him to be a sideline to sideline linebacker. You don't find many better in the league when it comes to blowing up the running game though. 

4 hours ago, Danand said:

I think this is the way to go, especially with this LB class. While there are some options, I don't see that unicorn 3-down linebacker that can do it all. Jacob Phillips and Marcus Bailey are the cerebral, sound players in the middle of a defense I would like us to look at, but neither are types that fly around the field. They are players to build around though, and with Winks ability to rotate, I hope that is how we prioritize it.

If we let go of/lose Judon and Pierce, we could essentially need 3 starters on the front 7. 

Two words, Patrick Queen.

He’ll be the superior LSU linebacker at the next level. Will still be 20 when drafted. He’s a playmaker inside.

1 hour ago, Danand said:

I doubt Patriots wants to part ways with their playcaller and leader on defense. For what it is worth, I don't think they did him any favors when they sometimes assigned him to be a sideline to sideline linebacker. You don't find many better in the league when it comes to blowing up the running game though. 

Probably not, but they did feel comfortable with a possible exit when they let him test the FA waters before. And they stand to save about 9 Mill by letting him go. With so many needs elsewhere it wouldn't surprise me if they cut him. Again, probably not likely. Wouldn't shock me though.

Fun player that would be a great fit for what we need right now.

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Two words, Patrick Queen.

He’ll be the superior LSU linebacker at the next level. Will still be 20 when drafted. He’s a playmaker inside.

I haven't seen much of him yet, but it seems it came as a surprise he declared, and he instantly jumped in front of Murray as the consensus #1 linebacker