To trade or not to trade that is the question?

santiagomn8

A more realistic trade option could be James Hurst. Ravens had a lot of luck with an almost injury free season, so we wasn't forced to activate James Hurst. He wasn't used much in jumbo packages either. Whether or not Yanda decides to retire, I could see us drafting a player with OT/OG versatility, which would/could be our swing tackle and we could save some capspace and get a pick for Hurst who could be a starter on an oline with a need.

While he is almost done in Baltimore and doesn't have trade value, it would suck to see Chris Moore go to a team and become a viable 3rd option as a wide receiver. 

I really wonder he he managed to disappear completely after some nice showings from time to time and couldn't get on the field instead of Roberts, Boykin and Snead. It wouldn't surprise me that a team like the Colts would pick him up and get better contribution from him. He had some value prior to this year, and while he was a good special teams player, we could have gotten that somewhere else, while also netting a low pick for Moore.

12 minutes ago, Danand said:

A more realistic trade option could be James Hurst. Ravens had a lot of luck with an almost injury free season, so we wasn't forced to activate James Hurst. He wasn't used much in jumbo packages either. Whether or not Yanda decides to retire, I could see us drafting a player with OT/OG versatility, which would/could be our swing tackle and we could save some capspace and get a pick for Hurst who could be a starter on an oline with a need.

While he is almost done in Baltimore and doesn't have trade value, it would suck to see Chris Moore go to a team and become a viable 3rd option as a wide receiver. 

I really wonder he he managed to disappear completely after some nice showings from time to time and couldn't get on the field instead of Roberts, Boykin and Snead. It wouldn't surprise me that a team like the Colts would pick him up and get better contribution from him. He had some value prior to this year, and while he was a good special teams player, we could have gotten that somewhere else, while also netting a low pick for Moore.

Lol bruh it's time to let the Chris Moore hype train go. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

That is what I am doing. I tried to write, that in hindsight we might have been able to get something for him a year ago. Now we will let him walk and it would suck to see him perform somewhere else without us getting compensated. It might not happen, but he had some momentum going for his name last season.

On 1/22/2020 at 2:48 PM, coordinator0 said:

I believe Mosley was signed before Douglas took over too. So he probably has no strings attached to that signing/contract. I'm not sure how a roster bonus works in terms of trades but C.J. is guaranteed $16 million this upcoming season, and an additional $1.5 million prorated for New York's cap purposes. His signing bonus was only $7.5 million. Still really expensive. 

The story is that Maccagnan signed CJ to that deal and that Gase didn't want him (or Bell) at that price.  Douglas came in well after FA was done

As for the question about roster bonuses, as they are paid dependent on the player being on the roster on a particular day of a particular league year, it would be the franchise that holds his contract at that time that pays the bonus.

It's only the cap hits due to the signing bonus that doesn't go with contract if a player is traded.  In the case of Mosley, in the unlikely scenario that we were to trade for him we'd be on the hook for the $10m roster bonus, and he'd have a $17.5m cap hit in 2020 (but no dead money after that)

On 1/22/2020 at 11:03 AM, BaltimoreTerp said:

At this point, the best thing he can do for the Ravens is sign somewhere on a qualifying deal (over $1MM IIRC) to serve as a cancellation of a low-level FA signing to the Ravens in the comp pick formula.