I know the Bengals will take Burrow, but...

DoleINGout

I get that Chase Young may be the better overall player, but QB positional value matters that much more.

I also get that Burrow is only average athletically speaking - but Brissett is a pretty horrible comp.   Brissett's biggest flaws are his slow read progression and poor placement.   He also profiles as less mobile than Burrow, even though his straight 40 isn't OL-level.    Burrow's biggest assets are his anticipation and placement, and his quick read decisions, and ability to extend the pocket with mobility.    

The other obvious problem with this call....you can only move down to 1.2 to guarantee you get Chase Young.   For better or worse, WAS is committed to Haskins.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

...the redskins would pass up on Chase Young tho, I mean...

The only way they do is if they themselves trade down to gather a massive haul of picks. And the Bengals likely can't know if they will or won't do that until after the 1st overall pick has been made. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

The only way they do is if they themselves trade down to gather a massive haul of picks. And the Bengals likely can't know if they will or won't do that until after the 1st overall pick has been made. 

It's the Redskins though. And Jerry Jones is an idiot.

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I get that Chase Young may be the better overall player, but QB positional value matters that much more.

I also get that Burrow is only average athletically speaking - but Brissett is a pretty horrible comp.   Brissett's biggest flaws are his slow read progression and poor placement.   He also profiles as less mobile than Burrow, even though his straight 40 isn't OL-level.    Burrow's biggest assets are his anticipation and placement, and his quick read decisions, and ability to extend the pocket with mobility.    

The other obvious problem with this call....you can only move down to 1.2 to guarantee you get Chase Young.   For better or worse, WAS is committed to Haskins.

Snyder probably wants a 2-QB system. Just to be safe.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

@VanS come get your burner account 

I did say one of the Steelers backup QB's would be the best from their draft class, just not the same one as VanS...

I'll give you a hint. The one I picked was the potentially racist one. Oof.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-mason-rudolph-says-he-was-done-in-by-6-subpar-quarters-was-he/

Edited by DoleINGout