2020 Senior Bowl Discussion

WindyCity

Bryce isn't out of the realm of possibility either. This is a relatively top heavy draft at TE. How many other teams who need a TE badly enough to use a 1st or early-round 2nd round pick on one?  I only glanced, but it doesn't like too many.

TE and OL are two of the biggest needs and both positions are looking pretty deep right now. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Oh, Jesus. This is the last time I'm talking about this. 

1) I saw your original post before you edited it 12 hours later while I was working (which was different and you must have seen how contradictive it was--still is by the way. 
2) We are not saying the same thing, not even close. You just keep back peddling now and as usual, will not accept that your opinion is extremely flawed and someone called you out on it.  
3) I'm not looking for an argument. I'm simply disagreeing with your viewpoint and showing you how ridiculous it really is. 

There are certainly legitimate reasons to believe that drafting a QB this year would be a bad idea but your particular reason is definitely not one of them.

xD

I’ll say this about Trubisky and QBs in general: being early is almost as bad as being wrong.

Mitch isn’t a generational talent. If he reaches his potential in 2 more years, there won’t be any Super Bowl window. The way to win without a great QB is to use the window of his rookie contract to surround him with a lot of great talent. Once you pay Mitch his 2nd deal that window closes.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I’ll say this about Trubisky and QBs in general: being early is almost as bad as being wrong.

Mitch isn’t a generational talent. If he reaches his potential in 2 more years, there won’t be any Super Bowl window. The way to win without a great QB is to use the window of his rookie contract to surround him with a lot of great talent. Once you pay Mitch his 2nd deal that window closes.

Image result for bruce arians gif

When you what?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

Depending how this next season goes for him, it might be a blessing in disguise if Mitch is willing to sign a lesser long term deal to remain the starter of the Bears beyond 2021 vs testing the open market and not getting that long term security, in the event he is a late bloomer and eventually realizes his full potential.

Needless to say it will be very interesting to see how Pace approaches this contract situation before Mitch's rookie deal expires.  Will he exercise the 5th year option or not?

Edited by topwop1

18 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Depending how this next season goes for him, it might be a blessing in disguise if Mitch is willing to sign a lesser long term deal to remain the starter of the Bears beyond 2021 vs testing the open market and not getting that long term security, in the event he is a late bloomer and eventually realizes his full potential.

Needless to say it will be very interesting to see how Pace approaches this contract situation before Mitch's rookie deal expires.  Will he exercise the 5th year option or not?

They will exercise the option in case he does un-bust himself. I do not think it will mean much long term.

16 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

There are certainly legitimate reasons to believe that drafting a QB this year would be a bad idea but your particular reason is definitely not one of them.

I don't know, man. 

The main reason I can see Pace not doing it would be that it makes him look bad. I don't see that as a legit reason.

The next reason would be to not put any undue pressure on Mitch. I fail to see how that's valid, either. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't know, man. 

The main reason I can see Pace not doing it would be that it makes him look bad. I don't see that as a legit reason.

The next reason would be to not put any undue pressure on Mitch. I fail to see how that's valid, either. 

I think if we are thinking about a young QB who might be our future franchise player, it would be better to draft him in 2021 when we have a higher draft pick... Unless, of course, we absolutely love someone in round 5.

Make 2020 all about Mitch, and if he fails we likely will suck and have a high pick in 2021 where we can draft a QB. 

Just now, G08 said:

I think if we are thinking about a young QB who might be our future franchise player, it would be better to draft him in 2021 when we have a higher draft pick... Unless, of course, we absolutely love someone in round 5.

Make 2020 all about Mitch, and if he fails we likely will suck and have a high pick in 2021 where we can draft a QB. 

That position requires one to have faith that Mitch will work out.

I don't. 

And I'm of the mind that you continue to look for your QB, no matter what. Another wasted year with Mitch means another year of mileage on the defense. Another year of pounding on the OL. 

Etc....

2 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Would people be okay if Mitch took a "lesser" long term option and took 20 a year for 5 years?

Based on what we have seen? No.

I can get any QB to throw for 3300 yards 24 TDS and 14 INTs.

Draft someone and save yourself the money.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Then the rookie is forced to play? Or we get to watch some stop gap Glennonish QB play for 2021.

If you like a QB in round 2 pull the trigger.

2020 can still be all about Mitch, and the minute possibility he un-bust himself.