2020 Senior Bowl Discussion

WindyCity

51 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Based on what we have seen? No.

I can get any QB to throw for 3300 yards 24 TDS and 14 INTs.

Draft someone and save yourself the money.

Are you of the opinion that you should draft and draft until you find your guy or should we draft and develop a late rounder?

12 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Are you of the opinion that you should draft and draft until you find your guy or should we draft and develop a late rounder?

They should draft whoever they like whenever they like them.

If they like Jake Fromm in round 2 go nuts, we need a QB and they get to make the decision.

19 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Based on what we have seen? No.

I can get any QB to throw for 3300 yards 24 TDS and 14 INTs.

Draft someone and save yourself the money.

Agreed, but if he was willing to take closer to say like $15M per year for the next 3 years with little guarantees then I would probably pull the trigger....as long as he doesn't completely crap the bed in 2020.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Agreed, but if he was willing to take closer to say like $15M per year for the next 3 years with little guarantees then I would probably pull the trigger....as long as he doesn't completely crap the bed in 2020.

Still pass.

Doesn't matter how cheap you sell me an inadequate product, it is still inadequate.

A drafted QB has the hint of upside and costs 5-6 million dollars.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Still pass.

Doesn't matter how cheap you sell me an inadequate product, it is still inadequate.

A drafted QB has the hint of upside and costs 5-6 million dollars.

I'm saying as opposed to the 5th year option at $26+M for next season, which remains a realistic possibility, I'd rather sign Mitch on for more term (~3 years) and less annual cap hit for those years because let's just say Bears exercise his 5th year and he goes on to have a pretty good 5th year, and then Bears decide to give him a huge extension after that, but then he goes back to sucking...then we're really screwed.

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm saying as opposed to the 5th year option at $26+M for next season, which remains a realistic possibility, I'd rather sign Mitch on for more term (~3 years) and less annual cap hit for those years because let's just say Bears exercise his 5th year and he goes on to have a pretty good 5th year, and then Bears decide to give him a huge extension after that, but then he goes back to sucking...then we're really screwed.

If he plays well enough in year 4 that he gets year 5 I am not sure he would accept a smaller deal.

I am fine if he plays well in year 4 letting him play 5 on the option, at that point he will have played 2 good years if we are even talking about an extension.

But this conversation is the same as talking about Unicorns. It is fantasy.

If he plays well enough in year 4 that he gets year 5 I am not sure he would accept a smaller deal.

I am fine if he plays well in year 4 letting him play 5 on the option, at that point he will have played 2 good years if we are even talking about an extension.

But this conversation is the same as talking about Unicorns. It is fantasy.

Lol  I wouldn't say it's as far fetched as that.

Windy...I can never get the sense if you have completely given up hope on the guy or you still believe in him.  Some days it seems like you are making excuses for him but then others it seems like Mitch can do no good.  So which is it...you've been pretty flip flopy on this topic for the past couple months now?

Just now, topwop1 said:

Lol  I wouldn't say it's as far fetched as that.

Windy...I can never get the sense if you have completely given up hope on the guy or you still believe in him.  Some days it seems like you are making excuses for him but then others it seems like Mitch can do no good.  So which is it...you've been pretty flip flopy on this topic for the past couple months now?

I think Mitch is our best option in 2020 because of limited resources and the fact that Pace is too big a clown to admit that he blew it and seriously address it.

I have like 10% hope that he is going to be good in 2020. But really, he needs to be way better for me to even consider him playing on the option or an extension. Simply being as good as 2018 isn't good enough. It would be a nice rebound from the pathetic year he put on tape last year, but it would simply mean he bounced back to league average.

I need 4000 yards, 30 TDs, sub 15 INTs for me to be impressed enough to keep him past 2021. I think Mitch being better will happen. I think Mitch being good is never going to happen.

I ride with Mitch in 2020, I do not need to see Andy Dalton unless Mitch totally implodes again. Then in 2021 when I have more cap space and picks I rescind his 5th year option, flush him, and get a veteran and a high draft pick in here.

If somehow finds a way to be worse this season he will be replaced by any available body. There is no way they give him another 16 games like they did this season to embarrass himself.

He could technically improve and still be a complete joke. We just need to find a way to play the 32nd rank pass D every week. 

10 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

He could technically improve and still be a complete joke. We just need to find a way to play the 32nd rank pass D every week. 

Well we will have an easier schedule this coming season, so if he improves and the defense remains at the same or similar level, then there is no chance we will be pick top-10.