Sign in to follow this  
WindyCity

2020 Senior Bowl Discussion

Just now, topwop1 said:

Well we will have an easier schedule this coming season, so if he improves and the defense remains at the same or similar level, then there is no chance we will be pick top-10.

Agreed, there is 0 chance the Bears are going to be picking in the top 10 unless there are incredible injuries.

I would run wildcat before I paid 2018 or 2019 Mitch 26 million dollars.

Honestly if I'm Nagy I want to draft a QB and sign a cheap vet and have a three man competition. He can't have a ton of faith in Mitch and if a guy can routinely take what the defense gives and hit open receivers then we have a substantial upgrade. 

I may trade up to the 3rd for Gordon if he lasts, or if another QB is falling that he thinks can challenge for the spot. Need a system QB/reserve for whoever takes the reigns over in 2021. I'm not sure a solid number 2 can't beat Mitch straight up. 

On 1/28/2020 at 5:52 PM, Heinz D. said:

I don't know, man. 

The main reason I can see Pace not doing it would be that it makes him look bad. I don't see that as a legit reason.

The next reason would be to not put any undue pressure on Mitch. I fail to see how that's valid, either. 

From Pace's perspective, yes. But I was talking more in general from the perspective of a fan. 

For instance, I could understand why someone would believe it was better to wait until next season to draft a QB IF that person believes the entire staff will be gone, because the next staff coming in will not be forced to try and work with a QB whose skillset may not fit their preferred philosophy and scheme. Instead, hey can choose the guy who they feel more comfortable with. 

Reasons like that I can get behind. I feel like this is kind of what happened to Nagy -- as just an example.