2020 Senior Bowl Discussion

WindyCity

I hope Pace has a cooler head than letting something like similarity in name and state scare him off of drafting someone if he feels the guy is legit.

Also, our TE spot is deservedly given a lot of ****, however don't forget that Burton was a great target for Mitch in 2018 and helped make the offense a lot more... fucntional at least. Furthermores, before he got hurt Shaheen was supposedly looking awesome according to the media from both Chi and Den when they practiced together. There may have been something there that we'll never really see. 

I don;t know much about this Trautman guy to be honest but it's so typical Bears to like a guy who came out of nowhere and who was a late bloomer.

That being said I like Brycen Hopkins for this team as my #1 draft TE.  The guy produced and is super athletic.

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don;t know much about this Trautman guy to be honest but it's so typical Bears to like a guy who came out of nowhere and who was a late bloomer.

That being said I like Brycen Hopkins for this team as my #1 draft TE.  The guy produced and is super athletic.

Trautman had more catches, yards and TD's the last 2 years than Hopkins

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Trautman had more catches, yards and TD's the last 2 years than Hopkins

That doesn;'t mean anything to me, especially considering he did it against mostly inferior competition in FCS vs the talent Hopkins faced.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I also dominate the JV boys at lunch basketball.

Arguably the 2 greatest football players in league history went to small schools, so please, this narrative needs to die already

14 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

That doesn;'t mean anything to me, especially considering he did it against mostly inferior competition in FCS vs the talent Hopkins faced.

I'm not disagreeing but your line of "Hopkins produced" is kind of odd considering Trautman did also

48 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Arguably the 2 greatest football players in league history went to small schools, so please, this narrative needs to die already

I'm not disagreeing but your line of "Hopkins produced" is kind of odd considering Trautman did also

Ya but he produced at a high level against some pretty darn good competition. 

Adam Shaheen also had over 1600 yds receiving and 26 TDs combined the 2 years in div 2 college before he was drafted to the Bears.

41 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Forget the all time greats - all one really needs to do is look at our own current roster. Akiem Hicks went to Regina. Tarik Cohen went to NC A&T. Both have been pro bowlers. Going deeper, Buster Skrine went to Chattanooga. Taylor Gabriel went to Abilene Christian. Nick Williams went to Samford.

Small schools are more of a projection but at the end of the day talent is talent. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Forget the all time greats - all one really needs to do is look at our own current roster. Akiem Hicks went to Regina. Tarik Cohen went to NC A&T. Both have been pro bowlers. Going deeper, Buster Skrine went to Chattanooga. Taylor Gabriel went to Abilene Christian. Nick Williams went to Samford.

Small schools are more of a projection but at the end of the day talent is talent. 

Mack went to Buffalo

Wentz, Brate, Garoppolo, Romo, TO, Andre Reed, Dent, Flacco, etc. The list goes on. I'm not going to pass on Trautman if he ends up as a really good prospect because 3 years ago Pace took another "Adam" from Ohio xD

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Mack went to Buffalo

Wentz, Brate, Garoppolo, Romo, TO, Andre Reed, Dent, Flacco, etc. The list goes on. I'm not going to pass on Trautman if he ends up as a really good prospect because 3 years ago Pace took another "Adam" from Ohio xD

He could be really good.  Not ruling that out just because of the weird similarities he has to Shaheen.

All I'm saying is it sounds so familiar and Bears fans have been tortured long enough.  I don't really care who they draft at the end of the day...just give us some good luck for once..

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

He could be really good.  Not ruling that out just because of the weird similarities he has to Shaheen.

All I'm saying is it sounds so familiar and Bears fans have been tortured long enough.  I don't really care who they draft at the end of the day...just give us some good luck for once..

Agree. The guy could be from Clemson or the School of the Blind. IDGAF as he long as he doesn't suck horribly

• Like 1