Arrest warrant issued for Antonio Brown; turns himself in (page 7)

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

In the offseason everyone did shows and videos saying Antonio Brown was a well liked player and good locker room guy in Pitt.  The real problem in Pitt was Roethisberger they all said.

I heard many ex-players say it, many talking heads, and some you tubers.  

None of them have revisited that thesis of late.  LOL. 

Big Ben is still unlikable. Just because Brown went off the deep end doesnt absolve Ben for some of his past issues/antics.

• Like 3

I hope the police wait it out til he runs out of food. Like old Rome days. Brown is mentally ill, probably stage 5,000 CTE out of 4. His judgment is impaired. I have zero doubts that if the police break down the door, AB will wave a gun around and it will be his demise. 

For the first time in a long time, I don’t hate AB, I’m actually a nervous wreck about his life right now. PLEASE be ok. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm not a law genius, but if they have a warrant, they don't need permission to go in?

They can legally break down the door right now if they want. 1) Arrest Warrant and suspect is 100% confirmed to be inside 2) Search Warrant. Either or apply. 

Cops know AB is not mentally in his right mind IMO. Why enter if he may wave a gun around? It may end up with a cop injured and AB dead. 

Make him come out when his food is gone IMO.

8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Big Ben is still unlikable. Just because Brown went off the deep end doesnt absolve Ben for some of his past issues/antics.

Ive never really liked Ben on a personal level, but not sure why people feel the need to bring him up in every AB thread.

Brown is a basketcase narcissist with a mental disorder who ruined his Hall of Fame NFL career, ALL ON HIS OWN, in less than a year.

PS....not saying YOU brought him up SNB.....just saying Im not sure why Ben comes up like he is responsible for ruining AB's career or something.  

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It was Bell and Brown who made some public comments if I recall and then someone within org. said team was Ben and a bunch of kids.

They all extrapolated from that and came to conclusion that Ben was a bad leader and was real secret problem.  He was a bad teammate, etc.  

May be some truth to Ben being a jerk, but a lot of people were saying Brown was being treated unfairly and Ben was getting a pass for reasons.

Ben is/was a jerkoff in many cases. 

Bell and Brown were too.   

Egos clashed.  It happens.

For all the players who supposedly disliked Ben, there were many he had great relationships with.

Bottom line....people can dislike Ben all they want.   He is a big mouthed, cry baby drama queen, and has probably never been the locker room leader we really need him to be.     However, everyone Ive seen claim he is the supposed "real" problem are jaded ex teammates and wannabe halfwits who have no real inside knowledge of the Steelers locker room.

PS....that "bunch of kids" comment was made by our GM, Kevin Colbert.    I think it was taken out of context and overblown, but he shouldve probably rephrased it.   He was basically saying that Ben is the veteran leader of the team and has the right to call things out.     While I dont completely disagree with that, the way Ben does it rubs people the wrong way.   I personally dont think Ben went overboard calling people out (at least not in public),  but the way he does it probably annoys certain people.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Pretty sure they’ve turned off power to his house. AB can’t go 5 minutes without social media. 

he could survive  unless he runs out of water.  In the meantime, this standoff is hopefully going to end peacefully. If someone gets hurt because of this, it wouldn't be the first time  it's happened, but fans will hear about this for a while.  Will this turn into the new OJ, does AB have a white bronco?

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I don't get it. If they have the warrant and know he is there, why are they allowing him to hide? Can't they just break down the door and arrest him? What am I missing?

They do not want to escalate the situation. They kick in the door and there could be gun fire.  Just wait a bit.  Perhaps cut off his power so he can't tweet:P.  He will come out.

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

No way police are gonna allow anything ti be delivered. And anyone who leaves the house won’t be allowed back in. Although I know you were joking. 

Not sure how things work in Florida. My dept doesn’t have authority to prevent people who live there from coming or going from their home. Never dealt with a situation about blocking...deliveries, but that’s pretty u do. Can’t cut power, water, heat, etc. 

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Make him come out when his food is gone IMO.

They put the warrant out to see if he’d turn himself in. If they think he’s armed/dangerous, then sitting outside his home 24/7 isn’t a safe measure either. They have a warrant, they’ll get him if they want him. 

Detectives essentially knew Aaron Hernandez was both armed and dangerous and they still utilized an arrest warrant to enter his home and collar him. It’s a waste of resources to sit outside for days at a time (unless it’s surveillance) in order to effect an arrest.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm not a law genius, but if they have a warrant, they don't need permission to go in?

Let's get real, he (allegedly, although it fits with his erratic behavior) threw a rock at a mover.   Unless it was a Fred Flinstone sized rock (let's go with tennis-ball as the minimum to be serious), if it's not AB, it doesn't seem like it's a break-down-the-door arrest type offence.    AB doesn't seem like a threat to the community at large, he's probably more of a threat to himself than anyone else.  It's easy to see why the police aren't rushing to get in there TBH.

What it does do, though, is crush AB in the court of public opinion.  And the CBA allows the NFL to add this to his file in factoring punishment, which really piles on, since he's not even yet officially punished yet, either (even though in practice, the threat of upcoming suspension is also why no one will sign him).   The chances he plays ever again in the NFL just took a big hit.   Crazy to think less than a month ago, a playoff time kicked the tires there.   It's hard to see a team wanting to take on this mess right now.   

To even have a chance of returning, AB's going to need to take his medicine here, hope to get it resolved without a felony conviction, and stay out of the limelight for the entire offseason - and then, maybe some team will take a shot on a team-friendly deal, realizing the NFL is still going to suspend him.  It's a hard inside-straight, runner-runner type odds situation now IMO.  What a meteor-like crash.

Edited by Broncofan