Update: Jaguars hire Jay Gruden as OC

.Buzz

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:
2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Pretty sure gruden was teaching mcvay seeing he coordinated a good offense with the bengals

The student was the master, and the master was the student. xD

More like one was the Bater,  the other just hired and probably the receiver. 

8 hours ago, pwny said:

these points or things I’ve heard from inside the organization

Ah, then: the revelations from the Inside Sources.

Your contributions of this sort are valued; they are unique, they are appreciated. Some might say that, cited as they are, after the fact and in support of your position on things, they smack of those vague "sources say" claims commonplace among questionable tabloid journalists. Personally, I believe you. Personally, I do not doubt your contentions of insider contacts. How much more convincing, though, it would be if you disclosed their attitudes before events occurred, in effect offering up predictions of what might happen, based upon the players' attitudes!

What do the Inside Ones tell you the Jaguars have been saying? What is the buzz from the Jacksonville locker room?

Edited by bzane

26 minutes ago, bzane said:

Ah, then: the revelations from the Inside Sources.

Your contributions of this sort are valued; they are unique, they are appreciated. Some might say that, cited as they are, after the fact and in support of your position on things, they smack of those vague "sources say" claims commonplace among questionable tabloid journalists. Personally, I believe you. Personally, I do not doubt your contentions of insider contacts. How much more convincing, though, it would be if you disclosed their attitudes before events occurred, in effect offering up predictions of what might happen, based upon the players' attitudes!

What do the Inside Ones tell you the Jaguars are saying right now? What is the buzz from the Jacksonville locker room?

That we are moving to London.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

It's a sports forum pal. People disagree with other takes. Read my book from last page. I'm well aware of issues with this organization, but I'm not going to sit in a pit of misery constantly and bash, bash, bash. Just because I disagree with takes (still happens plenty in there) doesn't mean you have to go into hiding. 

Ultimately, I'm not even talking Jaguars forum related either. I'm talking this entire site. Where's your posts on this entire site that haven't been exactly what you're doing now? Your social media is the same exact stuff...

Even this thread you haven't commented on the Gruden hire, just came in once you saw an opportunity to go in again.

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Always great to see fellow fans not make a post in any Jaguars related thread until someone asks about short measures of the organization or threads where bad news comes out. 

If a good hire/signing/draft pick happens though, zero mention and no discussion regarding that topic at hand.

Funny how that works...

When you are terrible and your organizational structure is disfunctional mess, people are going to criticize you.

That's the way this works. Don't take it personally because he's being realistic. People have a right to be realistic. You have a right to have hope as a fan. That's part of being a fan, but you can't be mad at other people who are realists because they are telling you the truth. 

Jaguars problems go deeper than just one person. That's natural when it comes to large groups of people. We are talking systematic overhaul here that takes many years. Firing TC was a good first step. Hopefully Khan takes a deep look at the rest of his employees and figures out how to get things to run smoothly. 

Organizational harmony won't happen for a few years. It would have been faster, maybe easier even, if Khan would have just fired everybody and started over. He chose to keep everyone except for ONE person. ONE person. firing ONE person doesn't change how 100+ employees work together overnight. These things take time. 

9 hours ago, N4L said:

When you are terrible and your organizational structure is disfunctional mess, people are going to criticize you.

That's the way this works. Don't take it personally because he's being realistic. People have a right to be realistic. You have a right to have hope as a fan. That's part of being a fan, but you can't be mad at other people who are realists because they are telling you the truth. 

Jaguars problems go deeper than just one person. That's natural when it comes to large groups of people. We are talking systematic overhaul here that takes many years. Firing TC was a good first step. Hopefully Khan takes a deep look at the rest of his employees and figures out how to get things to run smoothly. 

Organizational harmony won't happen for a few years. It would have been faster, maybe easier even, if Khan would have just fired everybody and started over. He chose to keep everyone except for ONE person. ONE person. firing ONE person doesn't change how 100+ employees work together overnight. These things take time. 

Like I said in my post, I'm well aware of issues with this organization. It's not like I'm never critical of them or don't post similar things to what he's said in here.

Although I don't like the chances of everything running smoothly by firing one person and it is more of a process, I do believe firing the guy that had full control of everything football related could spark a change. Will it be immediately felt? Probably not, but there's already been a change of tone on how things are being done and how the structure works. TC threw shots at Yannick Ngakoue for no reason through the media shortly before he left, while Dave Caldwell has said he's priority number one and we want him to be a Jaguar a long time.

Will that matter due to the fractured relationship and how Yan feels? Doubt it. But they're clearly trying to change how things have been running around here and that's all I can ask for given the situation we're at.

As far as his take on the organization, as I said I'm largely on agreement on the ineptitude thus far. There's other Jaguars fans on here that feel similar...

Edited by .Buzz

21 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

There is talk they are going to take another  home game from Jax.

The move to London is inevitable.

I really don't know if London is it if they're moving imo.

I think a London move is a lot farther down the line if the NFL does it. 

Gruden had 2 offense you could call good in 9 years as OC and head coach

• 2016 DC 12th in points 3rd in yards
  • 2013 Bengals 6th in points 10th in yards
  • Bottom half of the league in 5 of the 9 years
    • including horrendous in '18 and '19
      • lots of QB health issues those 2 years
  • 1 year almost dead middle 16/16
  • Just out of the top 10 in 2017 at 10/17

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Gruden had 2 offense you could call good in 9 years as OC and head coach

• 2016 DC 12th in points 3rd in yards
  • 2013 Bengals 6th in points 10th in yards
  • Bottom half of the league in 5 of the 9 years
    • including horrendous in '18 and '19
      • lots of QB health issues those 2 years
  • 1 year almost dead middle 16/16
  • Just out of the top 10 in 2017 at 10/17

JFYI, he wasn’t calling the plays in 2015 or 2016.