How do you value Tannehill?

dtait93

We have a good discussion going on in the Titans forum regarding Tannehill, and I'm curious some outsiders opinion on his value. There's quite a few QB options that we'll see become available this offseason, and with Tannehill being amongst them, how would you value Tannehill to a QB needy team?

Potential QB's hitting the FA market: Brady, Rivers, Manning, Keenum, Prescott, Mariota, Winston, Bridgewater (or Brees?), and Tannehill.

QB needy teams: NE, MIA, IND, LAC, DAL, WSH, NO, TB, CAR, OAK*, DEN*, CIN*

* = Not sure what's going on with Oakland and Carr, I believe I recall Elway saying they're rolling with Lock but I'm not entirely sure, and it's all but a guarantee CIN will draft Burrows.

I think everyone can agree Tannehill will have some sort of drop off from his ridiculous 2019 run, and I think a lot will also want a larger sample size given he only started in 10/16 regular season games to go along with his lack-luster statistical playoff performance. Given those factors along with a QB market that has some intriguing options, how do you value Tanny? Would you go with another option if that option comes cheaper?

Personally, I believe he's somewhere between Foles' 22m/yr and Garoppolo's 27.5m/yr. I would love him back personally, but if he's demanding 26-27m/yr that would be a tough call for me. A guy in our forum who has an insider that's batting 100% since 2017 is telling us the interest between Tennesee and Brady is, "genuine" so Tanny could be up for grabs if we go the Brady route.

Edited by dtait93

The smart move is to tag him if they don't have to tag Henry.  He probably wouldn't take what I would like them to give him, so give him a big payday and another year to show this wasn't a fluke.  If he plays well again, sign him long term.

The ole Kirk Cousins treatment.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The smart move is to tag him if they don't have to tag Henry.  He probably wouldn't take what I would like them to give him, so give him a big payday and another year to show this wasn't a fluke.  If he plays well again, sign him long term.

The ole Kirk Cousins treatment.

They can tag them both. One with the franchise tag, one with the transition tag. 

3 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Potential QB's hitting the FA market: Brady, Rivers, Manning, Keenum, Prescott, Mariota, Winston, Bridgewater (or Brees?), and Tannehill.

QB needy teams: NE, MIA, IND, LAC, DAL, WSH, NO, TB, CAR, OAK*, DEN*, CIN*

nope

Actually nope to a lot of these. I am not sure the QB market will be nearly what you are representing.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1