How do you value Tannehill?

dtait93

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Blake Bortles did something similar. 10 out of 16, AFCCG...

(I agree he's not below average - but just pointing this out).

Difference is, Tannehill put up some good seasons in Miami. Bortles 2nd season was pretty good(a lot of garbage time stats) although he threw like 18 INTs. I think arguing over Tannehill is pointless anyway. I have a bad feeling Brady will be the QB next season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Difference is, Tannehill put up some good seasons in Miami. Bortles 2nd season was pretty good(a lot of garbage time stats) although he threw like 18 INTs. I think arguing over Tannehill is pointless anyway. I have a bad feeling Brady will be the QB next season.

I actually have Brady to Tampa Bay; I get the Vrabel/Brady connection, but I think Bruce Arians giving Brady free reign alongside Chris Godwin, Mike Evans, OJ Howard and Cameron Brate will be very enticing. Brady winning an NFCCG/SB would be the one thing that he's never done, which would cement his legacy. (It's already cemented, but you get what I'm saying).

Miami makes sense, as Tua Tagovailoa won't be ready to start just yet with that hip - I just don't think Brady can flip inside the AFCE and survive the hit to his reputation in Massachusetts. Phillip Rivers in Miami is my thought. 

I think Tannehill and Tennessee are perfect fits for one another - supplement that with Kellen Mond as the QBOTF and you've got a great situation for several years.

The Texans fan in my hopes this doesn't happen - or at the least, the Titans make Tannehill the highest paid QB in the league.

We just witnessed his ceiling. I don't think he gets any better, and TEN this year was a team performance not a Tannehill lead regime.

Keep him, but start investing in a QB with more promise and a potentially higher ceiling.

Edited by lolsurebro
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Average... I think my definition and your definition of below average are completely different. A below average starter does not go out and win 9 games out of 13 and lead a team to the AFC Championship. I’m fine with if you label him above average. To me he falls into that tier between 12-17 closer to the 12 IMO.

I feel they are both bellow average, and the reason I mentioned FItz is that he looks better in stretches, before reverting to his standard play. There are a ton of examples of one year wonders and QBs that peak just to go back to their usual selfs.

I don't know if Tanehil was being held back by Miami (probably), but he just had a season well above his standard, and nobody knows what he'll do next season.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

Brady to Tampa is the most sensible thing I've ever heard. 

I've only started thinking "Brady away from NE" within the last two or so days. I was certain either a re-sign or retirement was on the horizon, but that's clearly not going to happen.

6 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Tag him for a single year before you commit long term, unless you can hammer out a contract that only guarantees the first season. 

I dont think you walk away from him, you just also dont get into a bidding war for him. Good for TEN, I dont foresee a bidding war. 

Exactly what they should (and likely will) do. Give him one more prove it year. Make sure its not a fluke and that he's committed/dedicated long term. Tannehill, at least early on, was known to be abrasive and not exactly coachable so if nothing else, I'd want to see if he keeps his head down/working now that he has some success again.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I have a bad feeling Brady will be the QB next season.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I actually have Brady to Tampa Bay

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

Brady to Tampa is the most sensible thing I've ever heard. 

I will believe that Brady leaves New England for anything other than retirement when I see it, and not a second before.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, kramxel said:

How do you rate Fitz magic? 

Fitzpatrick is one of the strangest NFL players at any position, ever. He's an outlier.

8 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

He was probably an above avg starting QB, but not good enough to overcome a bad situation in Miami.

Certainly, the overall Miami situation factored into things...

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

I actually have Brady to Tampa Bay; I get the Vrabel/Brady connection, but I think Bruce Arians giving Brady free reign alongside Chris Godwin, Mike Evans, OJ Howard and Cameron Brate will be very enticing. Brady winning an NFCCG/SB would be the one thing that he's never done, which would cement his legacy. (It's already cemented, but you get what I'm saying).

Miami makes sense, as Tua Tagovailoa won't be ready to start just yet with that hip - I just don't think Brady can flip inside the AFCE and survive the hit to his reputation in Massachusetts. Phillip Rivers in Miami is my thought. 

Interesting speculation. 

7 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Tag him for a single year before you commit long term, unless you can hammer out a contract that only guarantees the first season. 

I dont think you walk away from him, you just also dont get into a bidding war for him. Good for TEN, I dont foresee a bidding war. 

He might not demand a huge contract in the first place. Either way, Tennessee has to keep him (within reasonable monetary parameters). They simply can't start over next year. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Interesting speculation. 

It's just that - speculation - but we know Bruce Arians is partial to vet QBs who understand the game, and Brady would get all of the weapons he didn't have last season (Howard is a #1 in NE last season, but somewhere between the #3 or #4 option in TB). 

Brady's Q rating in Massachusetts stays intact, as he's far away from the AFCE (when's the next time those two would play, save for a SB matchup?) Tampa has been pretty erratic since the Tampa 2 days, so Brady for 1-3 years there would stabilize that franchise - and add another claim to Brady's resume (all without Belly, so that's an added perk).

Granted, if Brady floundered here - that would be a blemish, but not exactly a death knell as it's not exactly regression for Tampa. Going to Tennessee and NOT making the AFCCG would be considered regression - Tennessee would be better off had they went with Tannehill over Brady, as odd as that sounds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's just that - speculation - but we know Bruce Arians is partial to vet QBs who understand the game, and Brady would get all of the weapons he didn't have last season (Howard is a #1 in NE last season, but somewhere between the #3 or #4 option in TB). 

Brady's Q rating in Massachusetts stays intact, as he's far away from the AFCE (when's the next time those two would play, save for a SB matchup?) Tampa has been pretty erratic since the Tampa 2 days, so Brady for 1-3 years there would stabilize that franchise - and add another claim to Brady's resume (all without Belly, so that's an added perk).

Granted, if Brady floundered here - that would be a blemish, but not exactly a death knell as it's not exactly regression for Tampa. Going to Tennessee and NOT making the AFCCG would be considered regression - Tennessee would be better off had they went with Tannehill over Brady, as odd as that sounds.

I was thinking Rivers and Arians, as that seemed to me a better fit--and a smaller commute for Rivers. But...if Brady leaves NE, then that means he's going somewhere, so you could well be right.