Derek Jeter and Larry Walker elected to HoF

DirtyDez

Jeetz melting down the comment sections all over the Internet. ‘Twas already used to the contrarian babbling about how a guy with 3,465 hits somehow wouldn’t make the HOF if he played in Texas (because apparently the Hall is littered with undeserved Yankees like um...Earle Combs? Tony Lazerri?).

It’s the biracial stuff that angers me, though. I don’t get how that’s socially acceptable to go after.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

This is why baseball and the HOF suck donkey butt. How the **** do you not vote Jeter in? Some blowhard was just trying to get attention. Whoever it was needs to lose their voting rights.

To internet contrarians, saying that Jeter should have been unanimous is tantamount to claiming he’s an inner circle HOFer. It turns out that some people are more similar to boomer baseball writers than they like to admit.

27 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

This is why baseball and the HOF suck donkey butt. How the **** do you not vote Jeter in? Some blowhard was just trying to get attention. Whoever it was needs to lose their voting rights.

He hasn't revealed himself so I don't think he's trying to get attention. There are just curmudgeony baseball writers who suck. There are guys who turn in blank ballots as forms of protests (I don't know what they're protesting).

And the thing has gotten so overcrowded and screwed up that unless some other committee starts mass greenlighting people through, it's a joke to me anyway.