Team needs.

onejayhawk

1 minute ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

The talent it there but he's making Watkins look durable.

Yeah, it'd have to be at the right price, but I'm sure his health would benefit from being the 3rd option behind Hill and Kelce. I really just want us to sign a vet WR to replace Watkins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

He also sounded like he was mentally checked out. If someone is considering taking time off and voices this three days before the Super Bowl, you know he isn’t committed. 

Yeah which is fine 

than it’s a mutual separation. Or he takes the pay cut and keeps the dynamic going.

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

He also sounded like he was mentally checked out. If someone is considering taking time off and voices this three days before the Super Bowl, you know he isn’t committed. 

I kind of feel like he came to KC to be the #1 WR with a young QB and he struggles to accept that he’s best as robin. 

• Like 1

The Super Bowl showed how much we need O line help. Even Mahomes will underperform when he is under constant pressure. It was only through magic, and a few clean pockets, that we were able to get the O going. That should be our top draft priority imo.

32 minutes ago, kempus said:

The Super Bowl showed how much we need O line help. Even Mahomes will underperform when he is under constant pressure. It was only through magic, and a few clean pockets, that we were able to get the O going. That should be our top draft priority imo.

That’s a fierce front though

Solomon Thomas Deforest Buckner Arik Armstead Nick Bosa Sheldon Day. Bosa especially was a beast time and again and whipped Fish repeatedly 

Our Tackles are aging, guards are on limited contracts, center is a 7th round cast away. Might need to replace the entire OL here pretty soon.

21 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

That’s a fierce front though

Solomon Thomas Deforest Buckner Arik Armstead Nick Bosa Sheldon Day. Bosa especially was a beast time and again and whipped Fish repeatedly 

Our Tackles are aging, guards are on limited contracts, center is a 7th round cast away. Might need to replace the entire OL here pretty soon.

For sure, thats the best front in the league, but our O line play was poor. It was the same story against the Pats in last years AFC Championship game. We need O line help to keep our superstar safe and able to make plays.

1 hour ago, kempus said:

I don't know tbh. Sure we suffered against the best front in the NFL. But we also dominated the Texans and Titans upfront. Could we upgrade our guys on the OL? Sure but we can also live with them - as shown this year.

I'd rather upgrade our LB corps, and WR/CB will be a big need with all the guys that will leave

37 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I don't know tbh. Sure we suffered against the best front in the NFL. But we also dominated the Texans and Titans upfront. Could we upgrade our guys on the OL? Sure but we can also live with them - as shown this year.

I'd rather upgrade our LB corps, and WR/CB will be a big need with all the guys that will leave

The Texans and Titans are both relatively poor on D line, its clear we need to upgrade there. Bosa literally lived in the backfield. I read that Mahomes only had 8 clean pockets over the entire game. CB is a need with all our FAs. WR, I feel like we can plug and play someone there, not a massive need imo. LB, sure we could upgrade, but they improved massively over the course of the year, Im not sure its a problem area anymore. We need to protect Mahomes at all costs, don't forget the multiple injuries he sustained this season too.

NEEDS

DRAFT - 

RB - Complete RB, Kareem Hunt type guy that makes the defense have to play up. 

OL - Needed across the board. 

LB - Sideline to sideline guy with speed that isn't a liability on 3rd downs. 

CB - Would love to get a shutdown CB or just see what spags can do with a little more talent at the position.

TE - We have been needing a good backup TE for a while and I think we could do some work with another athletic TE, NE patriot style.  

FA - 

WR - Veteran #2 or slot WR if Watkins doesn't want to take a pay cut.

DRAFT   PICKS - 

1. CB - Damon Arnette - Ohio State - Competitive shutdown CB that will drop due to some off the field issues.  Needs to come into the right locker room, Tyrann will keep him focused. 

2. TE - Thaddeus Moss - LSU - Andy Reid mentioned Thaddeus Moss when speaking to Randy Moss last night.  He will fill in as a 3rd/4th receiving option and a solid backup for Kelce. 

3. RB - Cam Akers - Florida State - talented but very raw.  

4. OG - Hakeem Adeniji - Kansas - Former LT makes move to OG...Jayhawker...meh 

5. C - Tremayne Anchrm- Clemson - Played guard and OT, looks to move to C in the NFL.  

Edited by warsawian