JJ Watt to host Saturday Night Live

ET80

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/21/j-j-watt-to-host-saturday-night-live/

Even in an injury plagued season, JJ Watt is still highly regarded in public.

I really haven't watched SNL since Will Ferrell and Tracy Morgan were on th show. The last football player I remember hosting was Peyton Manning - which led to one of the best skits I've ever seen:

Watt has the sort of personality to pull off something like this, so I'm expecting this to be a funny episode.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tab said:

i wonder what kind of career JJ will have after he retires from the NFL

He's already in pretty close with Hollywood royalty - Arnold Schwarzenegger and Dwayne Johnson talk up Watt on the regular. Watt is basically built up as the next great superhero, so why not take it to the big screen?

We're probably 3-5 years away before Disney tries to add the Fantastic Four to the MCU. Watt could make a few phone calls today and secure the role of Ben Grimm/The Thing if he wanted.

Come to think of it - John Krazinski as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic, Emily Blunt as Sue Richards/Invisible Woman, Zac Efron as Johnny Storm/Human Torch and Watt as Grimm/The Thing is a KILLER lineup. Finish it off with Cillian Murphy as Dr. Doom and ...holy hell you have a great cast for the MCU to reboot that franchise.

I should be a casting director.

• Like 2

On 1/22/2020 at 6:46 AM, jch1911 said:

I immediately thought JJ has more personality than Peyton so he should kill it on SNL

Peyton was really, really good. Not a lot of people (especially athletes) have that sort of natural ease with comedic acting. I hope JJ kills it on SNL, but I'd be surprised. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 5:05 PM, ET80 said:

He's already in pretty close with Hollywood royalty - Arnold Schwarzenegger and Dwayne Johnson talk up Watt on the regular. Watt is basically built up as the next great superhero, so why not take it to the big screen?

We're probably 3-5 years away before Disney tries to add the Fantastic Four to the MCU. Watt could make a few phone calls today and secure the role of Ben Grimm/The Thing if he wanted.

Come to think of it - John Krazinski as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic, Emily Blunt as Sue Richards/Invisible Woman, Zac Efron as Johnny Storm/Human Torch and Watt as Grimm/The Thing is a KILLER lineup. Finish it off with Cillian Murphy as Dr. Doom and ...holy hell you have a great cast for the MCU to reboot that franchise.

I should be a casting director.

Idk why but I prefer that JJ go into a coaching role or remain in football in some way after his career, I feel like he's too loved in Houston and has too much weight to throw that kind of opportunity away, kind of like Andre Johnson right now (special advisor is very clearly just "im sitting back and figuring stuff out"). JJ has natural leadership ability and charisma and skill and knowledge to take that to the next level, should pick up a graduate assistant role at some college after his career IMO.

Then again... do I mind JJ becoming an acclaimed actor? No. No, I don't. He deserves it 

Not exactly Eddie Murphy from a few weeks back, but a solid monologue that got a few small chuckles out of me. He was clapping and grasping his hands the whole time, dude was really nervous up there - but he did well. 

I only saw this, will watch the whole episode tomorrow.

He was

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Not exactly Eddie Murphy from a few weeks back, but a solid monologue that got a few small chuckles out of me. He was clapping and grasping his hands the whole time, dude was really nervous up there - but he did well

I only saw this, will watch the whole episode tomorrow.

He did ok.... wasted him in a few scenes [Spoilers

(esp. Bachelor & Frozen 2).  Loved the football locker room & awkward Mom & Dad scene.