Timmons went AWOL from Dolphins

JLambert58

26 minutes ago, jebrick said:

A person in the press but not published.  Mike Pouncey and Timmons came to Pittsburgh to wait out the hurricane.

Heard it too. Mike stayed with Maurkice and Timmons went to his old home he still hadn't sold, but spent a ton of time with teammates. 

Anychance he pulls a Blount on the Phins? I mean he did sign there, got bumped to OLB, then they tried to bench him in the PS for a rookie who wasn't as good. I wonder if this would lead to a release. Pick him back up for a minimum deal? He's still better than VWill and at cheap he would be worth it. 

On the fan today they were talking about the Dolphins wanting him to go see a doctor.  They were speculating CTE related issues but I'm not sure on what basis exactly other than the dolphins sat him out of the game saying he wasn't "ready to play football"

1 hour ago, grubs10 said:

On the fan today they were talking about the Dolphins wanting him to go see a doctor.  They were speculating CTE related issues but I'm not sure on what basis exactly other than the dolphins sat him out of the game saying he wasn't "ready to play football"

Yikes.  Maybe the Steelers knew something when they didn't resign him. 

Wow I'd love to know the whole story here.  I've always got the feeling that Timmons was a really good dude, even if I never cared for him that much as a football player.  He was ok, but I just didn't think he was as good as most fans seemed to think.  I sure hope he's ok and doesn't have CTE type stuff already.  How old is he anyway?  Tomlin's first pick 10 years ago, and he was young, so roughly 31 I'm guessing?  

On 9/18/2017 at 9:50 AM, warfelg said:

Anychance he pulls a Blount on the Phins? I mean he did sign there, got bumped to OLB, then they tried to bench him in the PS for a rookie who wasn't as good. I wonder if this would lead to a release. Pick him back up for a minimum deal? He's still better than VWill and at cheap he would be worth it. 

Well this is not at all true. Dolphins were mixing and matching LBs for the first part of the preseason, and McMillan (the rookie) was slated to play MLB with Timmons staying on as the nickel LB. Dolphins play in the nickel defensively more often than not so it's basically the base defense. There were no indications from any players or press that Timmons was unhappy for any reason.

3 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

I sure hope he's ok and doesn't have CTE type stuff already.  How old is he anyway?  Tomlin's first pick 10 years ago, and he was young, so roughly 31 I'm guessing?  

Median age of onset for CTE is 42 years, with a SD of 12. So while it's not likely it's CTE related.. it's possible (barely).

I'm leaning more towards some kind of emotional hardship. I think he'll be suspended without pay for a few games or cut, the latter would be extremely difficult given the Dolphins' cap situation however.

5 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Median age of onset for CTE is 42 years, with a SD of 12. So while it's not likely it's CTE related.. it's possible (barely).

Yeah, I think that's right.

Still, who knows?  Remember the young kid who played receiver for the Bengals?... Chris Henry... He kept getting in trouble.  Finally he died after falling out of the back of a pick-up truck.  If I recall correctly, they looked at his brain during/as part of his autopsy and found an abnormally high number of lesions on his brain...  He was only 26 years old.

Archived