Timmons went AWOL from Dolphins

JLambert58

14 hours ago, kethnaab said:

in his prime he was an absolute missile.  He wasn't a step slow, he was the 2nd fastest guy on the defense to the ball next to Troy.
That was well over half a decade ago.  He *has* been a step slow for a good half decade now, and if we sign him for vet minimum, it wouldn't be to play as a starter, that's for sure. 

But would he be better than Williams who can't cover anyone?

59 minutes ago, jebrick said:

But would he be better than Williams who can't cover anyone?

Timmons is pretty much at that point himself.  I think Williams is the better run stopper these days.  Timmons isn't the missile he once was, and was always prone to overpursuit.

Tough call, Timmons was a good dude for us for quite a few years

On 12/3/2017 at 10:46 PM, kethnaab said:

in his prime he was an absolute missile.  He wasn't a step slow, he was the 2nd fastest guy on the defense to the ball next to Troy.
That was well over half a decade ago.  He *has* been a step slow for a good half decade now, and if we sign him for vet minimum, it wouldn't be to play as a starter, that's for sure. 

I'll disagree with that.  Granted, part of the reason he was a step slow is because they had him attempting to cover WRs, in other words, misused.  Even Shazier can't do that consistently.  Timmons was slow as molasses compared to Shazier even in his prime.  I just hope Shazier is ok.  He IS the defense now, just like Polamalu used to be.  If we're down Shazier and Haden, we're DOA.

Archived