Senior Bowl visits

RamRod

Senior Bowl is this weekend. Practices are under way and Rams have met with some players. Seems like every draft the Rams usually take players they've had communication with throughout the process.

Here are some players they've met with

Is anybody keeping an eye out for anybody or is there anybody who'd fit well with us?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Interesting that they're looking at Tackles. Peart is an especially interesting one. He played OG for most of his career before moving to RT this year. He's built more like an OT.

He has LT athletic traits, but dude is still pretty raw.  I typically like to see a bit more mean streak from tackles, but he fits the mold of the type the Kromer tends to like at the position.

Cam Brown gives you the ideal of the kind of ILB we're likely looking at; maybe he's a shade on the taller pole, but ultimately that rangy, capable zone defender who also excels at attacking the football and is always looking to knock the ball out is right on type.  He won't be at the Senior Bowl, and he's probably on the shorter pole, but I'll be anxious to see how much contact we have with Patrick Queen (he needs to add some weight, but I see some similarity prospect-to-prospect between him and Navorro Bowman - though he may be more Will Witherspoon, who ultimately would have excelled in a Fangio scheme as well).

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

He has LT athletic traits, but dude is still pretty raw.  I typically like to see a bit more mean streak from tackles, but he fits the mold of the type the Kromer tends to like at the position.

Cam Brown gives you the ideal of the kind of ILB we're likely looking at; maybe he's a shade on the taller pole, but ultimately that rangy, capable zone defender who also excels at attacking the football and is always looking to knock the ball out is right on type.  He won't be at the Senior Bowl, and he's probably on the shorter pole, but I'll be anxious to see how much contact we have with Patrick Queen (he needs to add some weight, but I see some similarity prospect-to-prospect between him and Navorro Bowman - though he may be more Will Witherspoon, who ultimately would have excelled in a Fangio scheme as well).

Eh, I was digging Queen until I watched him play the run against Bama. Kept overruning plays to avoid blockers, quit on multiple plays when he could have pursued, and struggles when you get a body on him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Eh, I was digging Queen until I watched him play the run against Bama. Kept overruning plays to avoid blockers, quit on multiple plays when he could have pursued, and struggles when you get a body on him. 

Queen is probably my least favorite LSU Linebacker

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's inexperienced.  The guy has yet to be a full-time player and, honestly, shouldn't have come out.  But that doesn't mean I'm above grabbing a traits guy who has starter upside if you iron out his creases.  For what his Bama tape lacks, his Clemson tape shines.  I just plain love his ability to scrape; his COD ability is plain nuts.  Realistically, the dude is going to start his career, and maybe stay there for a while, as a "first to the ball and stalemate the runner waiting on the rally," but in a Fangio-styled offense, that works.

9 minutes ago, The LBC said:

He's inexperienced.  The guy has yet to be a full-time player and, honestly, shouldn't have come out.  But that doesn't mean I'm above grabbing a traits guy who has starter upside if you iron out his creases.  For what his Bama tape lacks, his Clemson tape shines.  I just plain love his ability to scrape; his COD ability is plain nuts.  Realistically, the dude is going to start his career, and maybe stay there for a while, as a "first to the ball and stalemate the runner waiting on the rally," but in a Fangio-styled offense, that works.

I'm fine with inexperience. I don't expect perfection. I loved his cover skills and athleticism. But Queen looked bad every time they got a body on him and quit on a couple plays that really bothered me. Considering the fact that he's projected to go in the first two rounds, there are others I like more.

EDIT: I still think David Woodward is a special player.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm fine with inexperience. I don't expect perfection. I loved his cover skills and athleticism. But Queen looked bad every time they got a body on him and quit on a couple plays that really bothered me. Considering the fact that he's projected to go in the first two rounds, there are others I like more.

EDIT: I still think David Woodward is a special player.

I haven't seen anyone outside of the TDN guys projecting Queen as a first 2 round guy.  And even then, I think the TDN guys have him more as a guy they've got rated higher on their actual rankings (which heavily factor in ceiling put a premium on 3-down-versatility) than on their predicted draft ranking (how they predict the players to come off the board).

8 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I haven't seen anyone outside of the TDN guys projecting Queen as a first 2 round guy.  And even then, I think the TDN guys have him more as a guy they've got rated higher on their actual rankings (which heavily factor in ceiling put a premium on 3-down-versatility) than on their predicted draft ranking (how they predict the players to come off the board).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001097592/article/daniel-jeremiah-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-four-qbs-in-top-15

Jeremiah has him going at #19.