What an Allen Robinson extension might look like

AZBearsFan

11 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Look, how I see it. Arob is not a true #1 WR so why pay him like he is one? But at the same time, where would this offense be without him?  These are some of the issues you face when you have a stud player playing in a defunct offense with no direction.

I disagree.  What is a true #1? Because if you are saying that he is on the same level as a Hopkins, Julio, Evans, Green or Odell then ok probably not, but he's pretty damn close and just under that tier in terms of talent.

I'd say ARob is in the same class of WRs as Cooper, Adams, Theilen, Tyreek, Diggs, TY Hilton and those guys are all good enough #1 WRs.

Edited by topwop1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I disagree.  What is a true #1? Because if you are saying that he is on the same level as a Hopkins, Julio, Evans, Green or Odell then ok probably not, but he's pretty damn close and just under that tier in terms of talent.

I'd say ARob is in the same class of WRs as Cooper, Adams, Theilen, Tyreek, Diggs, TY Hilton and those guys are all good enough #1 WRs.

Cooper is going to sign for 18-20/season. Hard pressed to see Robinson take less than that before he tests the market.

As per rotoworld.com

Speaking Thursday, contract-year WR Allen Robinson said he wants to be in Chicago for the long-term.

"I want to be in Chicago, if they’ll have me," were Robinson's blunt words. "I think the biggest thing is that, again, it definitely takes both sides," Robinson continued. "There’s a lot that goes into it. Everybody knows I want to be in Chicago." Somewhat underwhelming during an injury-shortened 2018, Robinson rebounded to legitimate No. 1 status in 2019 despite suffering through Mitchell Trubisky's wildly inconsistent play. Still only 26, Robinson will be in line for a huge payday if his 2020 is anything like his 2019.

Just now, topwop1 said:

As per rotoworld.com

Speaking Thursday, contract-year WR Allen Robinson said he wants to be in Chicago for the long-term.

"I want to be in Chicago, if they’ll have me," were Robinson's blunt words. "I think the biggest thing is that, again, it definitely takes both sides," Robinson continued. "There’s a lot that goes into it. Everybody knows I want to be in Chicago." Somewhat underwhelming during an injury-shortened 2018, Robinson rebounded to legitimate No. 1 status in 2019 despite suffering through Mitchell Trubisky's wildly inconsistent play. Still only 26, Robinson will be in line for a huge payday if his 2020 is anything like his 2019.

Get it done Pace

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 12:47 PM, topwop1 said:

Tyreek is a unique talent.  His elite, elite speed changes entire defenses and no one else in league does that right now to same extent.  He might not be a super WR, but he makes defenses respect him as one.

Without him no way KC is in Super Bowl.

On 1/31/2020 at 8:36 AM, WindyCity said:

That was assuming you needed to re-sign a QB, which is not the case anymore.

It wasn’t just that.   His performance wasn’t great for much of season because he was coming off knee injury.  A lot of folks said he wasn’t worth the money.